'power' decks - do you have any?

Sophie

Mmm, interesting question.

I have the Thoth, which I've always found full of power. Channelling that power has been a challenge, but it gets easier and more powerful with use ;).

The Haindl I find very powerful - with the power of integrity and conviction, and a deep love of our planet, as well as the power of myth in the Majors and Court Cards.

The Röhrig is powerful, focussed, very strong on our psychological dimension. It packs a punch when you want to explore your unconscious!

The Alchemical Tarot is very powerful too. The neat and careful drawings depicting the alchemical process together add up to a great charge, and reading with the Alchemical is always a strong and empowering experience.

The Ironwing Tarot - Loreena Babcock has channelled the power of the earth, of minerals and the deep mystery of shamanic communion with the mineral world to create a powerful and strangely erotic tarot.

TheOld

BrightEye said:
how do you actually tap into that energy then when you need it?
verry easy :)
Meditate on the deck
look at it
Breath his energy
Visualise Energy coming from the deck to you
Feel his energy
Ask him how it can help you to tap in his energy then Draw some cards ;-)

Omeada

HearthCricket

I would have to say my most powerful decks are in this order:

1. The Archeon
2. Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg
3. Morgan Greer
4. Gothic Vargo
5. Waking the Wild Spirit

Dwaas

1. Thoth
2. Morgan Greer
3. Crow's Magic
4. Gothic Vargo
5. Two decks I don't have but I expect them to be very powerful: Swietlistej Drogi Tarot and Archeon Tarot. Both are on my wishlist.
Blessings

Logiatrix

The PoMo is my "power" deck.
It might be odd to some, because it's often discussed as a novelty deck and not usually considered for serious readings; however, it really packs a punch for me when I'm "entering" the cards, meditating on the images, or just doing spreads.
My PoMo certainly offers a very bizarre spirit world!
;)

Lurea

Voyager is my power deck. When it is 'on', boy is it on! I get images, visions, smells, tastes--the whole she-bang. That's when you're not doing the reading...you're just channeling it. Stuff comes pouring out and you're not really sure why or how, but somehow it all seems to be right. :eek: :D

I've had that experience with Hanson-Roberts, too, which despite its looks, is NOT a fluffy deck, but a very blunt, powerful one.

BrightEye

i've been all wrong about my power decks!

the really powerful one is actually the morgan-greer as i found out last night in a dream. i dreamt about my morgan-greer deck. and it's powerful because i actually have an emotional connection with it whereas with the ones i've listed i only have an intellectual connection.

i also bought the dragon tarot as planned. for the same reason. i packed all my other so-called power decks away again.

sorry for sending everyone on a wild goose chase.

but i'm using my morgan-greer now to store energy as omeada suggested.

BrightEye

Lurea said:
Voyager is my power deck. When it is 'on', boy is it on! I get images, visions, smells, tastes--the whole she-bang. That's when you're not doing the reading...you're just channeling it. Stuff comes pouring out and you're not really sure why or how, but somehow it all seems to be right. :eek: :D
how did you get it to do that?

Lurea

*baffled* I don't really know. I didn't sleep with it or do anything particularly mystical that I don't do with any of my other decks. And when I first bought it, almost three years ago, I didn't like it at all!

But about a year and a half ago, I picked it back again, and this time it just clicked! I think part of it has to do with the reading experiences I got in the interim. Practicing here has really helped me learn to listen to my intuition and 'open the door' so to speak. I remember someone on this board said once that intuition sometimes feels like you're just making stuff up. :D Give yourself permission to make stuff up, and you'll find that some of that 'stuff' is eerily accurate.

The many modern images of Voyager are great at prodding those bursts of intuition, IMHO.

S. Costa

"Power Decks"

Hi all!

I have been reading up on the decks, being a rookie, I am trying to read and research as much as possible. I came across a thread in which there was a reference to "Power Decks". Can anyone elucidate me in this regard? In which way is a deck more poweful than other decks?

Doesn't the power of the deck differ from person to person, in accordance with their view / opinion / "attraction" to the deck in question? as well as the results obtained from working with the decks?

Heeelllpppp! LOL

Sonia