"The Star" ~~ Majors only deck by Cathy McClelland

Owl Song

What a beautiful deck. I'm excited that she is going to do a full Tarot. I could definitely read with these. I love the peacock background that is part of Justice with the idea of "many eyes" or the objectivity to see many sides to an issue.

And that World....gorgeous!

SolSionnach

Starlily said:
What a beautiful deck. I'm excited that she is going to do a full Tarot. I could definitely read with these. I love the peacock background that is part of Justice with the idea of "many eyes" or the objectivity to see many sides to an issue.

And that World....gorgeous!

I'm wondering if she got the peacock-tail idea from the Haindl justice card...
Damn. I really need to stop reading this board. I'm ready to order and Illuminated AND a Star Majors deck, and I have no money!

:bugeyed:

Pao

wow this deck is only $25?

oh what do you mean by big, is it big like steele wizard big?

MoonGypsy

Star Tarot Majors

Yes, Pao! These gorgeous cards are only $25! i don't have the Steel Wizard (yet) so i can't compare them size wise, but i can tell you that the Star Tarot cards are 6 and 3/4 inches by 4 and a 1/2 inches. That size should really show great detail!
i just had an email from Cathy McClelland (the decks's artist) and found out she just joined the AT forum on Monday! :<)

MoonGypsy

to cut or not to cut...

anam_chara said:
Oh! I'm SO tickled that others are
enjoying Cathy's art as much as I do...
Isn't she amazingly talented?

I'm looking very forward to her 78-card deck...
no matter how long it takes, it's worth the wait!

I'm debating whether or not to round the corners
on my copy of her majors-only, to make them a
little easier to use...
any thoughts??

:heart:cara
Hi cara!
i am also thrilled to see the positive reactions to Cathy's gorgeous art. I feel it at a very deep level. She has truly been soul kissed by a most spiritual muse.
My only thought on "to cut or not to cut" is to do what feels best to you. Personally, i have never trimmed any of my decks, but i know there are many who do...

rachelcat

Such beauty! A Temperance card I can truly love!!! And I love the Sun, too!

This IS a special deck, for one reason because it combines traditional and esoteric symbols with shamanic/animal/American symbols so well. (In some decks they seem to be somehow cobbled together without much coordination . . .)

Only $25? I THOUGHT I'd already blown my deck budget for this week, but . . . too tempting!!!

JenniferAbe

The Star is a beautiful deck! I highly recommend it for the artwork alone, but you also get a wonderful booklet that provides divinitory meanings, explains the symbolism in the images and explains what each card means as your lifetime/personality symbol or growth/yearly symbol. Cathy explains how to calculate the symbols in the beginning - I think it's like similar methods I've used such as Mary Greer's. My personality/soul symbols are Fool/Emperor and I have to say this is the first time I resonated more with the Emperor image than the Fool. I love all of the cards in the deck, but the Emperor is definitely on of my favorites along with the Empress, the Tower, the World...oh ok, ALL of them! :) The large cards allow you to really see the details in the images.

Cathy is a wonderful artist and a very very nice person too. My first copy wasn't handled so nicely by the USPS and even though only one card ended up with a small dent that was hardly noticeable, Cathy sent me a replacement anyway. :heart: Her non-tarot art is also amazing and you should have a look at her website if you haven't already. I really want to order a print from her but I haven't been able to decide which one to get!! I'm hoping I can make it to the Tahoe area this summer for the open studio tour so I can meet her and see some of her originals in person.

I too am seriously considering trimming this deck and rounding the corners. It's so large that it requires gentle shuffling anyway, but I am also thinking that the cards will be easier to use with rounded corners.

I can't wait for the full 78-card deck to come out either!!

BodhiSeed

Oh my goodness... These are so lovely! I especially like Death and The World. I've been trying to not buy any more decks, but I might have to fudge a bit in this case...
For those who have them, is there any lamination at all on them, or are they just printed on cardstock?

poivre

I have this deck along with the print of the Hermit.
Now, I just have to find the perfect frame.
Beautiful, it is! :)

ros
:)

shadowdancer

I would be interested in this.... but also have to curb my spending for now. I have items for trade if anyone would like to consider what is there to help me out!

Davina