"The Star" ~~ Majors only deck by Cathy McClelland

Pao

YES i think i shall get them. though she doesnt use paypal on her website. i have to send a check with an invoice. that would take longer to get it. :( :( :( i am not a patient person lol

shadowdancer

the no paypal option really does make it difficult for us in the UK

Davina

JenniferAbe

bodhran said:
For those who have them, is there any lamination at all on them, or are they just printed on cardstock?
I don't think they are laminated, although the fronts are smooth and are more shiny than the backs, which are matte. You could email Cathy and ask her too.

MoonGypsy

Got Mine!

Pao said:
YES i think i shall get them. though she doesnt use paypal on her website. i have to send a check with an invoice. that would take longer to get it. :( :( :( i am not a patient person lol

Hi Pao! Glad to hear you are ordering a set. i just received mine and it is GORGEOUS! She uses Priority mail which is very fast...

Pao

MoonGypsy said:
Hi Pao! Glad to hear you are ordering a set. i just received mine and it is GORGEOUS! She uses Priority mail which is very fast...

DETAILS DETAILS!!!!!!!! :D

easternsunrise

Wow, I think the Empress and Hermit are my favorites!

MoonGypsy

details

Pao said:
DETAILS DETAILS!!!!!!!! :D

Details...okay, i'll give it a go. :<) The cards are very large--6 and 3/4 x 4 and 1/2 inches. About the size of large postcards. As said, they don't have rounded corners. There is a teeny tiny white border around the image itself and an absolutely gorgeous (narrow) deep cosmic blue for the main border. The titles are below the image on the blue border in white. They are very tastefully done IMHO. The card stock is on the thin side. i think i might look into getting these laminated. The images are beyond beautiful...they are breathtaking. Each one is suitable for framing in their own right. The scans don't begin to capture their vibrancy and light play. i may eventually get a second set to frame. The backs of the cards are in different shades of gray, black and white done in stars, star bursts, and spirals. Quite nice! Now, on to the booklet. It is 5 and 1/2 x 8 and 1/2 inches. There are about 27 written pages. The booklet script, itself, is very small and i can only read it with my glasses on. The descriptions are deep and beautiful. The cover of the book has the "World" card in vibrant color. A real feast for the heart and eyes.
All in all, i am so happy to have this set. The artwork verily sings to me sweet soul songs... i will be first in the queue the day the complete set is done and available for purchase...no matter how long it takes. This one is quite special.
In Joy,
MoonGypsy xxx

shadowdancer

I have to say I do think the online scans show this to be beautiful. The Death card in particular is particularly evocative.

I have e mailed the artist re the paypal issue (which is being worked on) and mentioned the full deck possibility. It looks as though that is her aim in the long term so watch this space!

Davina

MoonGypsy

shadowdancer said:
I have to say I do think the online scans show this to be beautiful. The Death card in particular is particularly evocative.

I have e mailed the artist re the paypal issue (which is being worked on) and mentioned the full deck possibility. It looks as though that is her aim in the long term so watch this space!

Davina

i agree, shadowdancer, the scans are very beautiful! i just meant, "Wow, if you think the scans are beautiful (and they sure are) :<) -- wait until you see them in person! If possible, they are even more beautiful!"

weaver

Thanks, anam_chara, for bringing this beauty to our attention! Thanks also to MoonGypsy for providing all those great details about the deck and accompanying booklet. :)

I generally avoid Majors only Tarot decks but, in the case of the Star Tarot, I am more than delighted to make an exception! :love:

weaver