Sabian Symbols Study Group: Taurus Degree 19 - #49

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: TAURUS
Degree: 19
Number: 49

Symbol: A NEW CONTINENT IS RISING OUT OF THE OCEAN.

tink27

New potentiality

From Taurus 18 we move on to 19 - A New Continent Rising Out Of the Ocean. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this now. When the mind is emptied we're open to new potentialities.

The myth of Aphrodite's birth reminds me of this symbol. Her father, Uranus had been cast into the ocean, the unconscious or feeling element, before her birth. She was not born from her father's head but from his genitals. So Aphrodite is connected with feeling with magic and the power of the ocean of the unconscious and of pleasure. Immediately after her birth she rose from the ocean and into the air.

There is a deeper reality to the body, that we still haven't discovered yet. And from that deeper reality comes both the mind and the body. 99% of our bodies is mostly empty space and out of that space comes flunctuations of energy and information. And these flunctuations don't speak or think, they are an emotional feeling, a desire, an instinct, a drive, a concept, an idea and a notion. When the mind is free of clutter and debris, we are filled with light and the potential to live our lives creatively.

tink

Elven

Hi All :)

TAURUS 19 - A NEW CONTINENT IS RISING OUT OF THE OCEAN.

I see the 'Ocean' in this Symbol relating to the hidden unconscious area of the mind, and the 'Rising' relating to the evolutionary healing mechanisms of the mind erupting and piercing through the consciousness and merging with external realities of the physical. I see the 'Continent' as being a new thought - the forming of new beliefs and realizations surfacing - a breakthrough for the 'conscious', being forced upwards out of the depths of our internal mental ocean. Brilliance - nature/natural - birth.

I feel the power relative to this Symbol too and relate it to Water Birthing, and Emotional outbursts and mental anguish and 'tidal wave' type purging.
I think once the waters have calmed and the Continent stilled - there is awe and wonder - regarless of the devistation or pain.

Tink - I like your interpretation!! I know little of mythology and I can see how the story relates to this Symbol - thankyou for including it!!

Blessings
Elven x

Elven

The Karmic Symbol for Taurus 19 is:

TAURUS 18 ~ A WOMAN AIRING AN OLD BAG THROUGH A SUNNY WINDOW TO GIVE IT AIR AND SUNSHINE.

The Quest Symbol for Taurus 19 is:

TAURUS 20 ~ WISPS OF CLOUDS LIKE WINGS ARE STREAMING ACROSS THE SKY.

The Opposite Symbol for Taurus 19 is:

SCORPIO 19 ~ A PARROT LISTENING AND THEN TALKING, REPEATS A CONVERSATION HE HAS OVERHEARD.

The 3 symbol in Tension with Taurus 19 are:

LEO 19 ~ A HOUSEBOAT PARTY CROWDED WITH REVELERS; THE WATER REFLECTS THE LIGHTS.

SCORPIO 19 ~ A PARROT LISTENING AND THEN TALKING, REPEATS A CONVERSATION HE HAS OVERHEARD.

AQUARIUS 19 ~ A FOREST FIRE FINALLY QUENCHED.

Symbols of the 5 Pointed Star (72 degree apart) from Taurus 19 are:

LEO 1 ~ UNDER EMOTIONAL STRESS, BLOOD RUSHES TO A MANS HEAD.

LIBRA 13 ~ CHILDREN BLOWING SOAP BUBBLES.

SAGITTARIUS 25 ~ A CHUBBY LITTLE RICH BOY RIDES UPON A HOBBY HORSE.

PISCES 7 ~ ILLUMINATED BY A SHAFT OF LIGHT, A LARGE CROSS LIES ON ROCKS SURROUNDED BY SEA AND MIST.

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

HI Tink, Elven
both great insights into this symbol I have been working with the Uranus myth for some time and often have thought about this symbol with it...
I had not thought about birthing in a women tho but I LOVE that suggestion!

I feel the power in this symbol like a cross between ancient rock energy and new formation volcanic explosive energy (Hawaii energy). Atlantian of course, in that in the beginning Atlantis ROSE from the ocean ;) life cycles. AND its a VERY taurus energy - ground earth strenght stability and BIG.

Dr Jones has the Key Word Originality
Solar fire Part of Body: Maxillary artery
Lynda HIll from www.sabiansybmols.com - the oracle says
You can find that extra spark to create a brand new, original opportunity. But this is only the beginning. There is much work to be done developing this into something fertile and productive. A whole new field of activity is coming to light. What you have done in the past has led you to this, but these new beginnings need to be met with a fresh sense of purpose and possibility.
Enormous potentiality emerging. Sudden eruptions of talent or fields of endeavor.
The Caution: Continually seeking 'new worlds' rather than finding a place and cooperation in the existing one.

Element Olivine
Discussion Olivine is a green mineral and is formed in the mantle, in the process of making new rocks and in that new continents. It is one of the most common minerals in the earth, and can be found on the moon, Mars and in space dust. FYI Peridot and Chrysolite are types of Olivine. Spiritually Olivine is a healing green stone, it aids in the creation of new cells to replace injured cells. It also aids in making new opportuinies through dreams becoming reality. It is a powerful strong deep feeling mineral with a usually intense magical green colour.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 48.jpg
    48.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 350