10 of Swords and The Lovers

haleyw

Thanks for all your responses. Certainly given me some food for thought ;)

jbdesign28

10 Swords could feel like betrayal, it could also be over thinking something to death, words that kill and over the top exaggeration.

It could be that things are feeling pretty darned bleak, it could be thoughts, depression, and it's killing you, making you feel like you can't even get up... and Lovers is saying... HEY you have a choice. You can either lay there and bleed and act like some martyr or get up, realize this is a passing thing and change is coming.

I think this is about the power of thoughts to create your reality, choose your thoughts carefully and create a reality that is good for you... it is your choice. Peace, Love and Harmony or Fatalistic thoughts and beliefs that do nothing but drag everything down with them?

Wales Woman I love your analysis!

I know this thread is old but I thought I'd share mine. I asked my husband to draw two cards for the day as part of my learning tarot exercise and he got this combo. My immediate thought was mental and physical exhaustion (10 of Swords), because he has a sinus infection right now. It also indicates being forced to relax or slow down by the infection. The Lovers shows that he has support (me). So this combination to me is a warning for him to slow down, rest and let me support him while he is unwell.

To me the Lovers is the balance of the 10 of Swords, the thing that gives hope, rather than the 10 overpowering the reading. If anything, being a Trump, The Lovers energy overrides the effect of the 10 by letting us know, all will be well.