10 of swords and 6 of wands

Ethereal

need help here, guys. how would one see this as one repressing feelings and emotions for another? 10 of swords looks pretty dead. over and out. no thoughts, never mind emo's. and the 6 of wands looks like there was a bit of ego/pride involved here; like one took a hit in that area. not sure; trying to understand this combo. any help would be appreciated with these two!

Carla

Maybe killing those feelings dead is a triumph for this person.

Ethereal

wow, insightful, carla! i never would have thought of that one; thanks for the insight ! journal worthy for sure!

SunChariot

need help here, guys. how would one see this as one repressing feelings and emotions for another? 10 of swords looks pretty dead. over and out. no thoughts, never mind emo's. and the 6 of wands looks like there was a bit of ego/pride involved here; like one took a hit in that area. not sure; trying to understand this combo. any help would be appreciated with these two!
/

For me the 10 of Swords is pretty much about obseesive thinking. It comes up at those tiems when you can't get soemthing out of your mind, Just thinking of it al,pst non-stop. This does tend ot come up with seomething we are worried or concerned about and maybe a bit afraid to make a decision. Swords for me are about our thoughts and way of thining. 10;s are the most of the element of the suit you can pessilby have sicne 10s are the hightest number before the Courts. So just like obeseeibely tinking about somethign, juyst can't get it out of your mind. The ima,be of this card just reminds me of something exhausting themselves with their thoughts, almost killing themseves with worry. maybe a few sleepless nights i there too.

The 6 of Wands is about creatings someting loving of could; at tiems be abotu creating teh kind of relationship where the two people inviolved become lovers. Not just sex (whcih is The Devil to me) but acutal lvoers in a loving way.

Wands are about wanting to create something, or at tiems about passion. And the 5's,. for me, rever back to Card 5 of the Majors=The Lovers. The fact that it is the 6 of Wands and not just any 6. is an indication of stromg physical attraction. But the 6 refering toThe Lovers and the Wands which can be about passionate feeliings.

Togehter likely that the person is feeling the disire to take the relatioonshio to anotehr level and become lovers. but they are doing somethign like "I need to talk to them about this bot OMG hat if they say no? What if they reject me? ...etc and so forth over and over and over. ....to me more or less in working up the courage teo approach the other person mode. Of if they decided they need to talk to the other next time the see them which willb e in 4 days, like it is on their mind almost all the time until then

Babs

Ethereal

wow, thanks sun chariot! another take on this combo, entirely, and again, one i never would have thought about. honestly! obsessive thinking, and taking it the lovers. i always saw the 10 of swords as something that is dead and gone. all thoughts are over and no more mental distress of the 9 of swords. however , the way you described this combo i can see it being like that. i am so grateful you took the time and posted this! a whole new way of looking at that combo; and both cards . thanks ! i appreciate you taking the time and helping me some more with this confusing combo for me!

SA12

I feel like this combination could also be suggesting that there are bigger and better things to look forward to. Everything may seem or may be "bottomed out," but with the 6 of wands there, I think there's going to be some kind of blessing or good luck -- a victory for the underdog. Additionally, if you consider the two in a relationship context, I think the message may be that 'you are better off without them' -- the 6 is about holding your head high and not giving in to the worst -- and the summary card is the Tower, so think rising from the ashes and moving forward boldly.

Ethereal

I could see that, also. better off without them. all of these are so diverse, yet ring so true. thanks again, to each and everyone for posting and helping me!