10 of Swords and Ace Of cups?

terezi

Now this confused me.. I'm either taking it is.. this person ending a relationship to start a new one or ending a relationship to start it anew. Not sure though. Any thoughts?

MasterJm

Now this confused me.. I'm either taking it is.. this person ending a relationship to start a new one or ending a relationship to start it anew. Not sure though. Any thoughts?

I don't think the Ace of Cups shows a new relationship, just an empty or full cup of love, emotions etc. Who and if will receive that is another point. It could be the end of a cycle in the same relationship.

terezi

I don't think the Ace of Cups shows a new relationship, just an empty or full cup of love, emotions etc. Who and if will receive that is another point. It could be the end of a cycle in the same relationship.

I thought the 10 of swords was the end to a relationship all together?

Aina

Number 10 is also number 1 so automatically when something is over, a new thing starts. The card after the 10 of Swords would indicate what is starting. The card after the 10 of Swords maybe would provide more details. I cannot say exactly but bot Ace of Cups (1) and 10 of Swords (10 or 1) indicate big changes, it can be both the end and the start. If I did I reading with these two cards asking: "Will the new relationship start", then I would take it as a no. I would simply use this principle that "the sword card is after the cup card", so it's a no. If it was the opposite, it would be a "yes". (Just how I recently do it after simplifying it tremendously, might be a wrong technique)

MasterJm

I thought the 10 of swords was the end to a relationship all together?

i don't accept that kind of fatalistic old school interpretations. I readed for my relationship 20 days ago and i get that 10 Swords "looking" the World card (supposed looking the end), she returned after a while though. The last 2 days we were together again, all day long. 10 Swords means just reason divorced from reality or the end of delusion or exhaused intellect. It has Sun in Gemini quality. For me the cards explain only inner conditions and nothing more. Very difficult can predict and the tarot readers are dangerous when are fatalistic. I doubt also if a stranger can predict for me or for you.

Thoughtful

It all depends on how the question was put.

It can mean difficulties in a relationship which can be repaired with a new understanding and renewed love taking place.

It could mean difficulties that cannot be surmounted in the relationship, so that its not a viable relationship anymore, and that there is a need to concentrate on loving oneself.

It may also be a help to draw one other card to expand the reading.
Hope this helps a bit terezi :)

Thoughtful

i don't accept that kind of fatalistic old school interpretations. I readed for my relationship 20 days ago and i get that 10 Swords "looking" the World card (supposed looking the end), she returned after a while though. The last 2 days we were together again, all day long. 10 Swords means just reason divorced from reality or the end of delusion or exhaused intellect. It has Sun in Gemini quality. For me the cards explain only inner conditions and nothing more. Very difficult can predict and the tarot readers are dangerous when are fatalistic. I doubt also if a stranger can predict for me or for you.

Why do you see the World card as the end? Its a beautiful card which shows how far you have come in life and what you have overcome. Its a card of happiness a card that says you have completed one stage of your to good effect. Completion is not an ending because you now continue on to other things.

MasterJm

Why do you see the World card as the end? Its a beautiful card which shows how far you have come in life and what you have overcome. Its a card of happiness a card that says you have completed one stage of your to good effect. Completion is not an ending because you now continue on to other things.

World - Delay, opposition, perseverance, the end of the matter, crystallization. How could that be good next to 10 Swords ? I have the World for a very saturnian quality.

Thoughtful

World - Delay, opposition, perseverance, the end of the matter, crystallization. How could that be good next to 10 Swords ? I have the World for a very saturnian quality.

Did the World come before the 10 Swords or after?

10 Swords difficulties to overcome stepping from one setback into another, or another person being difficult stabbing you in back so to speak.

World Overcoming the setbacks and finding yourself in better place, finding a completion in where you are.

MasterJm

Did the World come before the 10 Swords or after?

10 Swords difficulties to overcome stepping from one setback into another, or another person being difficult stabbing you in back so to speak.

World Overcoming the setbacks and finding yourself in better place, finding a completion in where you are.

World was after 10 Swords.