10 of Swords and Job/Work Career

SirRushing

If one feels as if things on the fairly new job (3 months) is not so great (still learning the unwritten work rules that gets a person on trouble on the job, and dealing with a manager and clients with bad attitudes), would you say that the 10 swords is a promise for things to get better, or worst, in the next few months?

I am not even sure if 10 of Swords is a warning that the person will get fired on the new job. I was told that the person wants to stay on the job for a year, in order to use it to transfer to another city in 2017.

What do you think?

rwcarter

I'm guessing you did a reading and the 10S showed up in the future or outcome position? For the situation you described, I'd have used both a "best that can happen in x period" and a "worst that can happen in x period" position just to have that juxtaposition between extremes. And then if the 10S came up in one of those positions, you'd know whether to read it positively or negatively.

Given the situation, the 10S doesn't look good. But the Querent's reaction to it may be the key. Sounds like there will be backstabbing going on. By the time it comes to light though the Querent may be very happy that the situation is over and they can then look towards the rising sun (in RWS) as the beginning of a new day/new job/new plan to get where they want to end up.

Rodney

rwcarter

Moderator Note

All of the cards from the reading (along with feedback) were split into a separate thread titled 10 of Swords and Job/Work Career and moved to the Your Readings forum.