10 of swords as "good things happening right now" ???

SarahRose

I got the 10 of Swords in a position named "Good things happening right now" and I'm not sure what to make of it. Maybe... getting up from the pits?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Papageno

it's a turning point

shemsu sutekh

It would probably indicate that you've realized the situation you're really in. You see things for how they really are and you're ready to walk away, extricate yourself, ect.

Thirteen

SarahRose said:
I got the 10 of Swords in a position named "Good things happening right now" and I'm not sure what to make of it.
The worst is over; your can relax now, your enemies have finished with you, and/or you can finally start afresh, all that horrible stuff you wanted to end has ended.

Yeah, I know, it's kinda like making lemonade out of the lemons, but there are some cards that don't offer much else when it comes to positive messages ;)

Thenameis

I think it could also mean that you finally see the situation clearly now or have a right understanding of it and consequently right action will be possible.
Thenameis

Sophie

This reminds me of the silly old joke, where a man is hitting his head against the wall. His friend asks him why. "Because it feels so good when I stop", he answers.

When the worst thing you feared has happened, you now have to deal with reality, which is often a great deal easier than dealing with one's fearful mind. If shit happens, you are forced out of your mind and into practical action - therefore you can bounce back and start empowering yourself again.

An example. You fear your car will break down for good, because it's not been very reliable. It breaks down - and now you have to focus on getting rid of that car and finding and financing a new one. You don't have the leisure to fear anymore: you must deal with the situation as it is, and in doing so, you find things are no longer as bad, because you are not stuck in fear anymore.

mystic mal

Ten of Swords

I always think symbollically that the I0 of swords is like a boil that has been building up with poison over a period of time,hurting and stressful,but the I0 is the "bursting" letting all the poison out so that the healing can begin

goddessof1967

To me, thats the 3 Swords.

The 10 is that, yep, whatever is causing the mental anguish is now past and you can concentrate on that sunny place in the far distance. It's now much closer than you had imagined it to be.

Kenny

10 of Swords-Ruin can be the act of cutting away or destroying what is bad in your life right now. Seems like it's a good thing to happen. :)

Thirteen

Fudugazi said:
An example. You fear your car will break down for good, because it's not been very reliable. It breaks down - and now you have to focus on getting rid of that car and finding and financing a new one. You don't have the leisure to fear anymore: you must deal with the situation as it is, and in doing so, you find things are no longer as bad, because you are not stuck in fear anymore.
That's a great example!

Kenny said:
10 of Swords-Ruin can be the act of cutting away or destroying what is bad in your life right now. Seems like it's a good thing to happen.
I like this very much as well. It rings very true.