10 of Swords - Literally!

GoddessArtemis

I wanted to share an interesting outcome about the 10 of Swords card. Last night, I asked my deck (Hanson-Roberts) what kind of a day I would have today. I drew the 10 of Swords. For a second, I thought, "Oh crap!" and then on second glance, it suddenly dawned on me that the picture looks very familiar - it looks like the way I lay down on my acupuncturist's table as she places needles in my back! :laugh: True enough, I had an appointment with the acupuncturist today. LOL.

I'm also having back/shoulder pain today, so that's another relevant interpretation. My day has, literally, been about my pain and seeking help for it. It has made the day more difficult to bear...but it feels better now (like the dawn in the background of this card). I don't always like it when tarot is so literal (it has a certain air of "duh" from tarot), but in the case of 10 of Swords...I'm so glad it's about the needles and not about having a down-and-out day. :D

GA

Attachments

• 10swords.jpg
    10swords.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 102

Nydia

That's a cool example! I like literal interpretations.

satine

I love clear affirmations like that! :)

Briar Rose

I am so glad you posted this because it really gives me a different out look on the card.

MareSaturni

That's amazing! I love when these things happen..i remeber a reading i did for a friend in which lots of wands showed up. Wands here is called 'paus' - 'pau' is also a slang for the penis...so it crossed my mind that she would have lots of hot affairs with different men, but nothing that would become serious.

She didn't like it, but months later, she came and told me i was absolutely right :p

Very funny!

ladyprow

Love it! :D

Thanks for sharing, GoddessArtemis!

~lp

memries

So true Goddess Artemis. Sometimes the cards are applied literally and we have occasion to recognize that. Hope you feel better soon.

clarity

wow how literal! thanks for sharing that. hehe

obsidian_queen

I like that one. Tarot is great when your deck shows its sense of humor. Like the time my Chariot card from my Revelations deck took off. :D Or that time I did a coming love interest reading for someone and pulled the Sun. She called me back 2 weeks later to let me know she'd met and hit it off with a man whose last name was...you guessed it...S-U-N.

cherryberry

loving that example! And I fully agree, it happened to me all the time as well when I drew daily cards! Hilerous and opens up ones creativeness, doesnt it :)

in these examples, one cant help but love the cards *smooch* :D