Turning a Monologue into a Dialogue

uraszz

Hello!

Throughout the years I have read Tarot I have read for a lot of people with varying degrees of success. I always write down the readings in a seperate journal for record keeping with the cards and the spread and my interpretation also adding what I could have added and what was redundant etc. This helps me to analyze how I've progressed over time with reading for others (because I'm fairly good at reading for myself in an objectiive manner)

What I've noticed is that the readings that tend to go downhill or were just plain useless were the ones where the querent just sits there, arms folded and... too receptive?

I'm a firm believer that readings should be done with cooperation from the client but living in Turkey where the "Monologous Reading" method has been the mainstream reading style for decades, I find it hard to break with some people and end up being the bad reader with all the negative excess energy piled upon me (I'm really sensitive. I guess that's why I fret over every reading that I've done)

Have you had this experience? If so, how did you turn the Monolgue into a Dialogue?

Sincerely

-uraszz

Barleywine

I see that occasionally. A couple of things I do are to tell them right up front that they're free to break in with questions at any time during the reading, and, if I hit on what looks like a particularly important point, I'll try to draw them out by asking how they see or experience it from their perspective. I'm a firm believer that the dialogue is between the querent's subconscious and the cards, and my role is to become the mouthpiece for the cards in trying to present the "other side of the story" for their conscious consideration. Most people I've read for, once they get started, have no problem talking about themselves and the situation. All it takes is an "ice-breaker" of some kind. Usually raising a particularly telling or sensitive point as a result of something in the cards will accomplish that. One thing that has happened is, when the discussion of the past aspects of the situation have been especially accurate, they become really avid about hearing about the future, which translates into an animated discussion.

uraszz

I see that occasionally. A couple of things I do are to tell them right up front that they're free to break in with questions at any time during the reading, and, if I hit on what looks like a particularly important point, I'll try to draw them out by asking how they see or experience it from their perspective. I'm a firm believer that the dialogue is between the querent's subconscious and the cards, and my role is to become the mouthpiece for the cards in trying to present the "other side of the story" for their conscious consideration. Most people I've read for, once they get started, have no problem talking about themselves and the situation. All it takes is an "ice-breaker" of some kind. Usually raising a particularly telling or sensitive point as a result of something in the cards will accomplish that. One thing that has happened is, when the discussion of the past aspects of the situation have been especially accurate, they become really avid about hearing about the future, which translates into an animated discussion.

I've come across that too. I feel that if you're good on the past then they trust or respect your views about the future. That's a bit tricky with mainly because I'm more of a Thought-Pattern reader opposed to an Event based reader. I touch on events of course but my main concern is what the querent thought/felt and how that has impacted the present

Thank you for your reply!

-uraszz

Barleywine

I've come across that too. I feel that if you're good on the past then they trust or respect your views about the future. That's a bit tricky with mainly because I'm more of a Thought-Pattern reader opposed to an Event based reader. I touch on events of course but my main concern is what the querent thought/felt and how that has impacted the present

Thank you for your reply!

-uraszz

I do less psychological profiling these days and focus on situations and circumstances. But the two aren't mutually exclusive. The key part of "situational awareness" is the "awareness" as opposed to the "event-based" aspect, and the relevant term in "developmental insight," the second main objective of my method, is the "insight." Both of those should provoke mentally acute responses rather than blind or "gut" reactions.