Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 270 : October 1 - October 7

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: the thread is here for July-December.

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the Week Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Daily Draws

Participants:
1. VGimlet - Dreams of Gaia Tarot
2. AJ - Llewellyn Tarot
3. Madame Squee -Harmonious Tarot & STS Lenormand
4. Scarlet Woodland - Halloween Tarot
5. CharlotteK - Fey Tarot & Wisdom of the Oracle
6. BodhiSeed - Druidcraft & Druid Plant & Animal Oracles
7. csmith0406 - Phantasmagoric Theater Tarot & Vessel Oracle
8. RiverRunsDeep - PCS Centennial & Isis Oracle
9. DaughterofDanu - Bohemian Gothic Tarot & Samhain Lenormand (mini)
10. strings of life - Swietlistej Drogi Tarot & Halloween Tarot
11. Green Faerie - Victorian Fairy Tarot

VGimlet

This month with the turn of the season I'm going to be working with my new decks for a bit - first up the Dreams of Gaia Tarot, one I've been watching the artist create for quite a long time.

AJ

we are still on the road so am working with scanned decks. I'll spend a few more days with the Llewellyn, and switch when it feels right :) I think I cross 500 weeks this week! So many decks to love.
thanks vg

Madame Squee

Harmonious Tarot & STS Lenormand, please.

Thanks, VG! :love:

Scarlet Woodland

I'm still having fun with the halloween Tarot :) Not sure if sticking or twisting on my second deck yet... actually, I think I'll break with the habit of a lifetime and focus on just the one deck!

Thanks for the new thread VG

CharlotteK

Hello. I'd like to give this a go :) Sounds like it would be fun and very good practice. I'll choose the Fey Tarot please as it's just landed and I don't know it at all. Do we change decks after a week or is it OK to stick with the same one? I'll also do a daily draw from Wisdom of the Oracle. That's my only oracle deck (so far) so is it OK if I keep that one every week? Thanks!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

BodhiSeed

I'm in with the Druidcraft paired with a combination of the Druid Plant and Animal Oracles.
Thank you VG. :)

500 weeks - that's quite an accomplishment AJ. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the group CharlotteK! :D

csmith0406

500 weeks is amazing! And while on the road too.

CharlotteK welcome. I'm pretty new too, and really enjoy switching it up.

This week I'll use Phantasmagoric Theater Tarot with Vessel Oracle.

Madame Squee

I trimmed my Harmonious Tarot with a scissors last night while I listened to an audiobook (ghost story :D). The deck shuffles easier now. Plus, I think it reads better without the wide white borders.

RiverRunsDeep

Hello. I'd like to give this a go :) Sounds like it would be fun and very good practice. I'll choose the Fey Tarot please as it's just landed and I don't know it at all. Do we change decks after a week or is it OK to stick with the same one? I'll also do a daily draw from Wisdom of the Oracle. That's my only oracle deck (so far) so is it OK if I keep that one every week? Thanks!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Welcome to DOTW, CharlotteK! :) We are fond of letting people know we are the "no rules" group, so the choice of sticking with a deck or switching it up is entirely up to you!

Needing something lighter and more familiar this week, so I'll be using my PCS Centennial. Also, I enjoyed and benefited from the healing qualities of my Isis oracle a couple weeks ago, so I'm going to use that as well. Thank you, VG!