Use tarot to improve your eyesight!

celticnoodle

I was doing these exercises last night with the Night Sun deck. DH walks over and asks for a card so he can do it too. I picked random card for him...the Star. Well it certainly gave him something to focus on :joke:
:laugh:

These middle aged women here all have a cough it seems. :D :D :D

OMG! you're right! We DO! :D

MandMaud

So a few months ago I started holding books at arms length to focus on them. My optician says it's middle age

:eek: *sounds of screaming* :eek:

He suggested I try some Bates Method, specifically to keep my short distance focus in trim. So I every day now I look through one deck, taking it in turns to hold cards at 1) arms length, 2) elbow length and then 3) as close to my eyes as possible, and it's working really well! I can focus close up again :cool2:

Eyesight- use it or lose it! Plus a brilliant excuse to get out a new deck every day when there are no readings to be done. I just look around the picture, not really trying to focus, but let my eyes take it all in.

Thank you! I'd heard of some method but didn't know the name and didn't think it would work, so I'm particularly interested that it was an optician that advised it. Not that I dismiss anything because the establishment isn't into it; I use homeopathy and shiatsu, for example. But I also don't leap to spend time and effort (or money either!) on something without a reasonable basis for spending it.

By the way, middle age begins some time after the age of 55... at least that's what I'm expecting. I was horrified when I was 34 and my ex referred to me as middle-aged! :bugeyed: As if you fall straight from young adult into middle age! We definitely need a term for the not-young-but-not-yet-middle phase. :)

Oh, and by another way, my optician told me that myopia (short-sightedness) means you never reach the stage of not being able to see anything close up. I mean, I'll always be able to see the finest detail by taking my specs off. This is good!

Sympathy, Barleywine. I'm not quite as bad but I have paid £800 for the cheapest option I could get, and I'm not safe on the stairs without my glasses on. I feel your pain. :)