Crystals and Tarot

witchytrees

Do you guys use crystals in conjunction with the cards? For example, today I picked 4 of Swords for my card of the day so I'm carrying my moonstone for calmness and to increase my "inward awareness." How do you use crystals with your cards?

Tanga

:) Nice idea...

I choose what crystals to look at when I'm reading for someone else. (email readings).
I have a small selection of "reading crystals". There's always a clear quartz there somewhere... and usually my Turqouise mini Buddha (Hotei - patron of fortune tellers).
The rest varies according to mood.
A small Obsidian palm mirror...
A small Smokey Quartz skull, Opalite skull or Amber skull...

When reading face-to-face - I'll have crystals on the table only if there's space for them.
(so if reading at home yes - if elsewhere, depends).

Crystals in my pocket - these I choose purely by mood/state of wellbeing.
So - recently, as I've been feeling more vulnerable due to back pain issues - I've been carrying my Black Tourmaline stick around alot in my pocket.

nisaba

I have a wide array of crystals and a wide array of decks. They live in the same house so they much influence each other, I think, but I don't work with them together. I don't not work with them together either - it's just never interested me all that much to combine them.

CharlotteK

A range of crystals sit on my decks when not in use. When I select a deck to read with I select a crystal to hold whilst I'm concentrating on my question. I find myself most often choosing a smokey quartz, rose quartz or clear quartz. I carry a deck and a smokey quartz around with me most of the time. There's no conscious method to any of this, I just go with it.

RiverRunsDeep

Welcome to the forum, witchytrees! :)

For my favorite decks, I often choose a crystal that will "live" with the deck inside of its tarot bag. I like the crystal to match the personality of the deck (if you believe in such things :) ). For example, I chose a heart-shaped rose quartz for my Crystal Visions deck to match its emotional, feminine vibe. And I chose a dark blue lapis lazuli to match the moody, shadowy qualities of my Bohemian Gothic tarot. I think the crystals enhance the energy of the cards (again, if you believe in such things :D ). I like to have the crystals next to the cards while I am reading, and sometimes I will use the crystals to meditate or scry for additional messages after I have read the cards.

JustJazzie

I have a list of my personal crystal's that I associate with each major arcana card. If I had a "major" reading I would use those stones to make a grid to help me in that area. If it was something smaller, I may carry an appropriate pocket stone for the day.

I also have crystals that I use when reading. Ive used a beautiful labradorite sphere for some time now, but a new deck that was gifted to me, came with a beautiful set of hawks eye spheres that "live" with the deck, and help me connect to my guides when I interpret those cards. Its a beautiful relationship!