The Snake

autumn star

I have been getting the snake alot in my readings lately, and I am really confused by it's meaning. I know that it can represent a woman but also be a warning, or jealousy and betrayal. I was just wondering how other people view the snake because it has been making me feel a bit worried to see it pop up so often.

Yesterday when asking what's the most important thing I need to know in my life right now I got snake-man-fox-coffin. I had no idea what it was referring to but perhaps a man with fox and snake qualities not to be trusted?? Or for my lovelife - Lady-Clover-Snake.

I understand that the Snake can mean different things when next to certain cards so what cards would bring out the bad side of the snake - mice, fox, book? Or the positive side of the snake? So, how can other cards alter it's meaning in a reading?

I was just wondering what others thought of this card and how they interpreted it :)

214red

Hi Autumn star
which deck are you using?

The snake can be seen as a defender, a protector. it can be seen as a spiritual person, usually female, it can also mean twists and turns in a situation...something that doesnt flow correctly it hits snags. snake can also be seen as a mistress, the other woman, or another strong female influence, like a mother in law etc.
Snake+man could mean a spiritual man,however because the man is sandwiched between snake and fox i would suspect that its not as nice as the snake can be, it could be that a sneaky or spiritual man is only out for himself (fox) and perhaps should not be trusted.snake and man would suggest he isnt always telling the truth and is only out for himself. I am not sure about the coffin, i assume that the this man is on his way out, the coffin is the end of his behaviour, or he will disappear.
Snake is also linked to betrayal, so could be a betrayed man is now out for himself only?

autumn star

Hi Autumn star
which deck are you using?

The snake can be seen as a defender, a protector. it can be seen as a spiritual person, usually female, it can also mean twists and turns in a situation...something that doesnt flow correctly it hits snags. snake can also be seen as a mistress, the other woman, or another strong female influence, like a mother in law etc.
Snake+man could mean a spiritual man,however because the man is sandwiched between snake and fox i would suspect that its not as nice as the snake can be, it could be that a sneaky or spiritual man is only out for himself (fox) and perhaps should not be trusted.snake and man would suggest he isnt always telling the truth and is only out for himself. I am not sure about the coffin, i assume that the this man is on his way out, the coffin is the end of his behaviour, or he will disappear.
Snake is also linked to betrayal, so could be a betrayed man is now out for himself only?

Thanks, I generally use the Lenormand Oracle by LS but I also have Judith Bartschi Lenormand. Thanks for your insights on the Snake :) ... it seems like it can mean lots of different things. I had never seen it as being spiritual before so that is good to know that it can mean that, I was wondering if it could ever mean transformation since the snake is always shedding it's skin. I am not sure what or who the snak-man-fox-coffin combo is referring to but I imagine it is trying to make me notice something I can't at first see. I have also read that the Snake can mean someone charming and alluring, does anyone else see it that way?

214red

yes can see the snake as charming and aluring, also can see the snake as transformative also the coffin can be tranformative like the death card too.
Do you have a man round you that is charming, or someone that is perhaps a mentor or a guru?

autumn star

yes can see the snake as charming and aluring, also can see the snake as transformative also the coffin can be tranformative like the death card too.
Do you have a man round you that is charming, or someone that is perhaps a mentor or a guru?

Not anyone who is a big part of my life - but I have a male teacher so perhaps it is him? There is someone who I don't know very well. The Snake being transformative was something that came into my head when looking at the card. I get confused when the meaning changes when next to other cards!

Kahlie

I get confused when the meaning changes when next to other cards!

Lenormand is very much like a story book, instead of the meaning changing, think on it as the cards influencing each other. Cards can be circumstances, people, situations or qualities.

Since you got snake-man-fox-coffin and lady-clover-snake, the story I'd read goes like this:

In your love life, you are hopeful, about some possibilities, but snake warns you that not all that you are seeing is as good as you think it is. Proceed with caution when dating.

Especially considering snake-man-fox-coffin is the thing you need to know most right now.

Somebody is looking quite a lot more charming on the outside, then he truly is, and can mislead you, leading to a dead end (coffin).

Both Readings seem to ask you to be a bit more discerning.

214red

one day i will be able to read the cards a simply as kahlie. i can see the clover as quick luck, but it doesnt last, and the snake showing the luck is not just that lucky

You can always use a GT to expand on the reading complately and see where the snake lands

Kahlie

one day i will be able to read the cards a simply as kahlie. i can see the clover as quick luck, but it doesnt last, and the snake showing the luck is not just that lucky

Thank you for the nice compliment :) I usually don't read with cards anymore, but Lenormand has a special place in my :heart: since I still use it to prepare for sessions.

214red

Thank you for the nice compliment :) I usually don't read with cards anymore, but Lenormand has a special place in my :heart: since I still use it to prepare for sessions.
me either, but i find lenormand a bit of a help learning symbology, which i need for mediumship, and i love the mystical deck

lord_ewin

Snakes and foxes get such a bad rap nowadays. ^_^ However, I did get the snake a lot a year ago, but things always ENDED with the snake not started with it. Snake at the end was just worrisome, snake at the beginning... right next to the man? Meh.. not so much in my opinion. Did you charge any of the cards?

With the snake + man, it could mean a man with dark curly hair. Usually well dressed and out to seduce, a smooth talker (I've seen it for artistic people as well incidently). Especially since it's flanking the man. Of course, he could also be a spiteful man, but I think it might serve to qualify him physically where it is placed. The Man + fox to me defines his actions... so he's aloof, doesn't trust outsiders, is cautious. He probably has a disregard for conventional rules (ie: toeing the line when it suits him). Or... change all of the above, to define it as a woman with manlike qualities. A tom boy who dresses up in men's clothes, who is rebellious and cares little of what people think of her.

Fox + Coffin might be an end to playing coy, and something might change. I don't see the coffin as a dead end in this case, it's more a transformative card when it's a conclusion. So what is it that you need to know about your life now? Perhaps that even a leopard can change his/her spots? Perhaps you're thinking that it's rather dull and would rather move on to something more fulfilling, and as a snake sheds its skin, the coffin would indicate a new phase in your life about to begin.

To me, the Lady-Clover-Snake is rather interesting... given all the nice cards, I'm tempted to downplay the snake given it represents you as perhaps having a few succeeding flings with other women.