Online software

Osher

A few sites (including one linked to from Aeclectic) have online tarot software.

What are the best sites for these? Are they any good/accurate, or just a gimmick?

Athara

Personally, I don't feel anything with those software things. I don't 'trust' them. I've tried it once, but I wouldn't reccomend it...

angelwhispers

a site

Personally I like www.tarotscopes.com its not one of those sites you ask a question and click a button, its more like a daily card for your Astrological sign. Some have been right on the money for me.

Macavity

Maybe the problem is in the interpretation being limited by the amount of "intelligence" (CPU power, program sophistication etc.) possible for an online system. Yet, the more I think and read about it, paradoxically, the HAPPIER I am about a machine picking "random" cards for a reading? But maybe with the proviso that the cards are interpreted by some human agent(s) involved in the process? (usually ME! :)) Maybe you could use the site to select the cards and then interpret them for yourself...

I use my PC to select the cards to practice interpretation. Subjectively it actually seems to give far more interesting card choices than just shuffling and laying the physical cards for MYSELF at least. Might be in line with some authors eschewing "shuffling", the querents handling cards or "willing" certain questions to be answered. Maybe these latter are exactly the root problem? Maybe the choice should be "random" - and given sufficent Artificial Intelligence a machine might then indeed do quite a reasonable job at Tarot readings? After all they function quite well as chess players and "psychologists" etc. :D

Macavity (on a minor flight of fancy)

Aerin

The Orphalese programme is an excellent tool for shuffling and drawing from a virtual pack, and it has no interpretation function whatsoever. It can also be used as a Tarot journal, you can save spreads and your notes on them; you can also find and pick specific cards that you want from the pack for 'real' readings you want access to electronically.

Which suits me, since I'd sooner do my own interpretations thank you.

There is a thread on it somewhere I've just failed to find, the site for it is at http://www.orphalese.net/tarot/tarot.htm. Lots of packs are available for it (and you can make your own): our very own kayne's Celtic Tarot is one of the packs available.

It isn't free, except for the evaluation version, and it is very very cheap.

Aerin

jmd

Aerin is correct, there are a couple of threads which mention this software.

Here is the orphalese tarot shareware thread.

Do note that if, like many of us, you happen to use a Mac, the software doesn't cope with this advanced tool ;).

Osher

I recall reading somewhere that some people can change the random numbers on a computer via thought. I suppose therefore, a software tarot deck might work? Even a remote one, such as an online one?

Kundalika

Tarot Software

Hi,

This is my first post and I'm new to tarot.

I really liked the software on http://www.tarotadvice.com, especially the shuffling and cutting of decks. And there's a "hand" to guide you:)

Can't comment on the readings because I'm a real newbie:)

Best wishes,
K.