looking for a spread

miranda

specifically geared towards.. bringin to light childhood traumas... traumas that were surpressed

does anyone have any info on a spread for this?

Moongold

Greetings Miranda,

I guess many Tarot spreads could be used to shed light on the unknown. It depends a lot on your question, I think, and if these experiences have been repressed you may never get a full answer.

Just a word of respectful caution, this is a very difficult area and my personal feeling is that it would be good for an enquirer to seek the assistance of an expert counsellor.

This is a spread that you might find useful to explore. It's called the Motherpeace Spread and I found it in a book called The Tarot and Individuation by Irene Gad

........................................6...................................................

.............8.............................................................9.................

.........................................1....................................................

5...........................................................................7.................

...................................2..............3..........................................

............11.............................................................10...............

...........................................4...................................................

1. Significator or questioner
2. Context and general atmosphere of the question
3. Obstacles and challenges
4. Unconscious attitude; foundation; bodily reactions
5. Recent past
6. Conscious postion: thoughts and ideals
7. Near future; direction in which things seem to be moving
8. Self concept; self image
9. Hopes and fears; projections
10. Home; inner space
11. Outcome

There are also some very good Star spreads in Tarot Mirrors by Mary K Greer that could be used for very deep work. There are Stars of Self, Assessment, Transformation and Rebirth. I think this approach was also used for a slightly different purpose by Christine Jette in Tarot Shadow Work.

Something calls me to reach out to you. This kind of work is very difficult and can be extremely painful. I hope that the enquirer does not travel alone on this journey. Having a counsellor or companion can help to validate the findings as well as support the individual.

Blessings,

Moongold

miranda

hi thank u.. im gonna have to play with this spread for a while first..

thank you for the advice.. been trying to talk to a few people in my life about this repressed memory stuff.. parents & such.. it scares them.. & anyone who doesnt read cards or at least KNOW anything about them has a very bad idea of what the tarot is all about & they seem to kinda look at you like your crazy & what your doing is soo wierd.. im sure im not the only person to run into this ... society in generally is not openminded at ALL.. & that extends to family LOL

my hubby is 100% supportive though..

Trogon

Hi Miranda,

As Moongold mentions, depending on what sorts of traumas you might start to uncover, you might wish to seek some professional help.

However, having said that... I had been thinking over some things in a similar vein and had designed a spread to help one delve into questions surrounding some difficult situations. You might want to take a look at this spread;

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9739

Maybe it will help, or you might be able to modify it to fit your needs...

Alex

Be mindful of suggestion

whether you read for yourself or others on that subject.

Many therapists have ruined other people's lives with this talk of past trauma and childhood abuse.

You don't want to be one more.

Alex.

miranda said:
specifically geared towards.. bringin to light childhood traumas... traumas that were surpressed
does anyone have any info on a spread for this?

lunalafey

another possible spread

WHOLE SOUL

-----3---------8-----
----------9----------
-2-----4----10-----7-
----------5----------
-----1---------6-----
1.cosmic origins
2.birth
3.childhood
4.life challenge/issue
5.family/friendship
6.vocation
7.hopes/wishes
8.eternal now
9.transitions/change
10.cosmic future

miranda

thank uy guys for the spread ideas.. ill be playing with all of them.. im sure ill find one i like it just may take abit of time :):)

& thank u for all the other advice as well :)

omce again i must say this forum ROX:)

Madelyn

Still looking?

Hemera

Madelyn said:
Still looking?
Looks like this is a very old thread. Miranda started this in 2003 and she has not been in AT since 2004. (If you click her name you can see her personal profile page and there you´ll find the "last activity" date.) Hopefully she found what she was looking.

It´s perfectly okay to post in and revive old threads, though, and this thread seems to have a few nice spreads suggestions.

RavenDarkWind

I'd try a variation of the Grand Tableau.

Put all 78 cards down, 6 by 13. Find the significator, and imagine an eight-pointed star radiating out of it. The cards touched by the line act together to describe the situation.

Above: Conscious influences.
Below: Hidden influences.
Left: Past influences.
Right: Elements of possible future.
Above-Right: Advice (do this).
Above-Left: Advice (don't do this).
Below-Right: Friends.
Below-Left: Enemies.