Thoth 6 of Cups

rachelcat

IDSing away!

6 of Cups—Pleasure

6 = Highest and best
Cups = emotions

Love, happiness.

The cups and the flowers are gold. Each cup has its own flower. The water shoots out with lots of force and seems to swirl around in the cup, but none overflow. (The cups overflow in 9 of Cups—Happiness.) The sea looks similar to the one in 5 of Cups, but a bit more blue, with reddish (but not as red!) wave lines. They are both Scorpio, but this is 6 and sun with Scorpio, which accounts for the difference.

The cups sit on the stems, and the 4 on the outside are tilted. They seem very bouncy and cheerful on the stems. Crowley says the are “dancing.” The cups have 5 (or is it 4) gold balls as feet. The bowls are straight-sided.

Crowley says it should give the impression of sun on water.

Here we have double sun, 6 is Tiphareth is sun, and it’s Sun in Scorpio. Since it’s Scorpio, it’s still a bit about putrefaction, but in that it is necessary for new life.

Crowley says it is a well-balanced pleasure, that of harmony and ease, not satisfaction of base desires.

Sun in Scorpio: Immense power of the soul, healer.

In a reading: This is one of the most positive cards! You will feel harmony, ease, and pleasure, a kind of deep happiness. Be sure to share your good fortune with others, even if it by just sharing a smile.

thorhammer

rachelcat said:
6 = Highest and best
rachelcat, is this another of your life experience meanings? :D It's really resonating with me, like this:

It's something to think about, anyway . . .

\m/ Kat

rachelcat

Hiya, Kat! Well, for this one I'm trying to be all kabbalistic and stuff. Since the 6 is the center, the balance point, etc. The place of the savior, Christ consicousness, Buddha nature, Higher Self, Holy Guardian Angel, etc.

I was always thinking

-----6----
----5-7---
---4---8--
--3-----9--
-2-------10
-----1----

(Well, maybe not that pointed), but I think I like your circle better. It makes more sense with the 1 and 10 meeting up.

I like the way you think! (Visually, that is!)

Thanks for your comment. (I am always hoping I'm not just talking to myself here.)

thorhammer

rachelcat said:
. . . I think I like your circle better. It makes more sense with the 1 and 10 meeting up. . .
I like circles, too. They make sense to me.

It gets a bit that way with IDS posting. I was all alone with the Wheel of Change, I remember that well :D. But I got through the whole deck and it helped me immensely with Tarot in general.

I'd like to IDS with the Thoth, but I've committed to using *all* my other decks for at least a week this year. That is, until I get more than 52 working decks.

\m/ Kat