Queen of Cups

mooiedragon

I hope nobody minds if I start a new thread - I've been pulling the Queen of Cups a lot lately and to be honest she kind of stumps me.

She represents the watery part of water (what does that mean?) and to me she seems very mysterious but alluring. Like perhaps she really is not what she seems to be. Do we see her or is she an illusion?

From what I have read on this card, she often reflects the nature of the observer and is affected by her surroundings. (That is pretty much a quote from the little book these cards came with) She represents compassion empathy, intuition and nurturing.... stuff like that. I have a hard time understanding whether she signifies that we are hiding from our intuition or hiding behind it? Or... something else? Geez, that's probably why she keeps coming up, eh?

Dejavooo

I think she is trying to hide herself from others. Maybe not too motivated or has low self esteem. She is passive, very calm. Although at the same time i think she can be very very emotional...water of water...i think of it as a rollercoster..one minute she is laughing and then she starts to cry...heh if that makes sence. She i also very nurturing, gentle and kind. Does that help?

Lillie

She's one of them women who get what they want by being exactly what someone (usually a man) want's them to be.
In that sense she is very manipulative.
And it's hard to get a grip on what she is like herself, because she generally does not show herself, only shows what the other person wants to see.

She get's what she wants through this kind of act of passive manipulation.
Sometimes she might be a weak woman with no real personality of her own, but at other times she would be a clever woman who is using what she has got to the best of her ability.

She is the sort of woman who, as a kid, was always the pretty one, and found that as she was pretty she didn't really have to be anything else as well.
Pretty was enough, it got her the attention she wanted, it got her the praise she wanted.
And she learned back then that she could get stuff by crying, or by smiling, that she could wrap Daddy round her little finger.

And she'll smile and be nice to another womans face, and talk and bitch about her behind her back.
She likes men a lot more than she does women.
She understands men, she understands what they want, and she knows how to get what she wants by giving them what they want.

Dean

The Thoths Queen of Cups is abit of a mystery for anyone trying to understand this woman. I see her as being a very dreamy and mystical woman hidden behind the Cup she holds, she only lets herself be noticed when she is ready to be receptive to other's emotional feelings and needs, and someone who is devoted to the people who she cares about.

If in a reading she comes Ill-dignified i would say she is someone who put's herself in situations when other people will start taking advantage of her good nature, she is someone who is very weak-willed when giving to much love and devotion to the wrong people in her life.

mooiedragon

This definately gives me a lot more insight into what this card means. I now see those parts of myself that are reflected by her. I suppose in a way she represents every facet mentioned here- she can be calm and passive, but also manipulative and emotional. Perhaps it's this ellusive quality that makes her so hard to figure out in a reading. She just ain't always what she seems. I think it must be time for me to embrace the emotional intuition she embodies, but also to try and let other people see me and not the reflection. Or something like that.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts everybody - I hope this thread can continue as more ideas pop into our heads!

ravenest

Water of water

If you're confused about this, it's really quiet simple. Elements are devisions of 4. Each element is again devided by 4. A simple 4 devision incudes lots of variables so to fine tune it it is again devided by 4. Think of it like colours. There is 'Blue' but there are many shades of blue, greeny blue or red-blue (purple) then there is mid blue, blue that cant really be said to show tinges of other colors, this would be like water of water.

There is a more complex theory behind it with tarot scales of color as in King, Queen, Prince and Princess scales, but ...

MikeTheAltarboy

Wow, I have to say some of these descriptions of her are kinda the *opposite* of how I see her! Or at least would only be how I see her ill dignified!

I see her as "a clear, still pool." When you look into water that's choppy or whatever, you see the water. When the water sits still, you see yourself. I see her like the taoist sage - The things she does are done so easily that others don't notice she did them and think they themselves did.

Sulis

Lillie said:
She's one of them women who get what they want by being exactly what someone (usually a man) want's them to be.
And it's hard to get a grip on what she is like herself, because she generally does not show herself, only shows what the other person wants to see.

Sometimes she might be a weak woman with no real personality of her own, but at other times she would be a clever woman who is using what she has got to the best of her ability.

She is the sort of woman who, as a kid, was always the pretty one, and found that as she was pretty she didn't really have to be anything else as well.
Pretty was enough, it got her the attention she wanted, it got her the praise she wanted.
And she learned back then that she could get stuff by crying, or by smiling, that she could wrap Daddy round her little finger.

And she'll smile and be nice to another womans face, and talk and bitch about her behind her back.
She understands men, she understands what they want, and she knows how to get what she wants by giving them what they want.

Lilly that is awesome, such a real description of a Queen of Cups type...
One for my journal... If you don't mind:)

Lillie

Thanks.

I'm very flattered.

goddessof1967

Lillie said:

Woah!!! Thats pretty harsh. Theres a few positive things in that but mostly negative. You're on a real QofC downer hey? Is she really that bad?

Is your interp. just the Thoth QofC or is it general?

She is also a reflector and in that sense people around her tend to look into themselves for their own motivations. I think she is someone who can help another person deconstruct destructivenss in their lives so they can rebuild in a positive way.

The QofC is very sensitive but is also very sensitive to other people's plights. She reads a situation perfectly and alters herself accordingly usually out of a sense of self preservation and self protection. She is water so she can take on the shape of the vessel. She is not a concious manipulator (most of the time, everyone has their faults) but is able to be a chameleon at any time. She needs alot of solitary time because she uses alot of energy acting as a reflector and absorber whether she likes it or not.