Child+ Key

214red

I keep getting this combo and so i am curious about what others think about it. i use the mystical so there is alot of symbols in the cards, the child card is linked to the 5th house in astrology, and key linked to the sun.

This combo looks like there is a fresh start revealed thats important, i would love to hear your thoughts in general because the child is often just seen as a child or a new start but doesnt say in what. The key is also a very interesting card in the fact some people see it as negative, but many see it as a ig thumbs up...where do you stand on the two cards

what do your cards contain, do they look nice and bright or drab?

BrightEye

Can you remind me what the Child looks like in the Mystical? Don't have my deck to hand at the moment.

Priestess

Successful beginning in something spiritual or karmic maybe??? A child born with a spiritual gift.

ETA I see the key as a yes card, a card of success....opening new doors...unlocking

lord_ewin

Successful beginning in something spiritual or karmic maybe??? A child born with a spiritual gift.

ETA I see the key as a yes card, a card of success....opening new doors...unlocking

I see the key as a potential for success, but you have a few things to do before it can happen. It's not a garantee of an automatic success. The fact that there's a key means that you need to physically have the key for the door you're trying to open.

I like what Priestess wrote up there. As for child, child keeps coming in my readings too, but I'm working on a creative project in the hopes that it will supplement my income, eventually allowing me to quit my job.

My suggestion, whenever you see the key, is to make sure you have a clear plan on what you want to accomplish and set out to do it. If you don't plan for success, you plan to fail.

BrightEye

In the Mystical the Key is linked to Child because of the birth metaphor. The key is inside an egg... Maybe you can look at it in alchemical terms, the egg giving birth to the soul?

lord_ewin

In the Mystical the Key is linked to Child because of the birth metaphor. The key is inside an egg... Maybe you can look at it in alchemical terms, the egg giving birth to the soul?

The spark of life? Or litterally a creative spark..! Oh I like that..! :)

214red

loving all of these, i do think these are linked and i can see them as birth of my new project which is a major thing for me. i like the reference to soul because it is linked to soul/karmic/energetic/spiritual work, its funny i just realised it linked to the snake card haunting me too!
Thankfully the planning has all been done, now waiting on the 'birth' of the 'child' lol

am loving all of the suggestions here, the creative spark is a fab phrase

Ronia

A new beginning will become available to you. Depends on the other cards what this new beginning will be. The Key unlocks stuff/situations, except when other cards are pointing at locking instead of unlocking. Originally the Key is an unlocking/solving/resoluting card. What are the surrounding cards? Are there any repeating ones?

214red

A new beginning will become available to you. Depends on the other cards what this new beginning will be. The Key unlocks stuff/situations, except when other cards are pointing at locking instead of unlocking. Originally the Key is an unlocking/solving/resoluting card. What are the surrounding cards? Are there any repeating ones?

i know what its about, i just thought the combo was a powerful one, and interesting that it links very easily.
I was getting the snake alot and in clarifying that i got the child and key (for instance today it was for my daily GT cards...which they are together on there too). I now realise it wasnt for me to do anything but simply let it be revealed.

The snake here looks like its looking after a the egg (key) and the child is a result of the snake and key, its like a progression. for me its the golden egg, the reveal of something that is 'key' important enough to make you say OMG and change your life in some ways, the child with it is linked to creative projects. in my GT the child is in the ring house, and key is in the stork house.

Priestess

loving all of these, i do think these are linked and i can see them as birth of my new project which is a major thing for me. i like the reference to soul because it is linked to soul/karmic/energetic/spiritual work, its funny i just realised it linked to the snake card haunting me too!
Thankfully the planning has all been done, now waiting on the 'birth' of the 'child' lol

am loving all of the suggestions here, the creative spark is a fab phrase

I think you've answered the meaning of these cards for you right here RED!!!! The birth of your new project (child), being a major thing for you, I would see as you hoping it will be successful. The key here is telling you yes it will!!! Good Luck Red with whatever it is.