Share pictures of your crystals here!

suk

Hi everyone,

I know a lot of us are crystal hounds here, and I also know I can't get enough of seeing photos of everyone's beauties. Please share anything you like: new/ old/ inherited/ found! I love crystal jewellery, but I equally enjoy rough stones or tumbles.

I'll start off with an Amazonite pendant I picked up today. It has a strange feel for a stone, it's a bit waxy, like calcites, and has a very textured feel. I knew I wanted an Amazonite to help with my throat and heart chakra issues; when I first saw one online, I was filled with a deep calm, I thought it was so beautiful. I realised after looking it up that it fit perfectly with my needs.

I feel so lucky that I found the perfect thing for me right now!

Attachments

• 20160814_132038.jpg
    20160814_132038.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 248

celticnoodle

wow that is beautiful! I love the color! so calming. :)

Adriana

What a lovely amazonite you have there :) It's a nice one, isn't it?
I have a couple small ones, for me I feel its a woman stone, but also one for adventure for some reason. But that might just be me hehe

I read that the reason why the calcites feel so soft and waxy is because they are waxed!
Because they so fragile that this protects them better. I'm not sure if its true, I have a bunch of them. I always get this immidiate urge to eat them as they look so yummi lol, I dont do it though :D

Maybe Ill take a pic of my army of calcites hehehe

suk

Isn't it great CN?

Adriana - I like that you associate it with adventure! I see myself and my life as quite adventurous, so maybe it's fitting.
I'm drawn to the idea of a woman stone too. I often hesitate to speak up about certain things because I think it would make no difference, or I wouldn't be heard. But I know it's important to do it, for myself rather than for anyone else.

I'd love to see your calcites! I didn't know they were waxed, I thought it was just the nature of the stone. I'll have to check it out.
I have lots of green calcites, I got one for my housemate to help with his anxiety. My partner thought it was really cool and he wanted some too! I guess we just love green stones :D

suk

I found a picture of the one I gave my housemate!

Attachments

• IMG-20160716-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20160716-WA0001.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 273

celticnoodle

oooh, that is a good sized crystal! is your kitty the friend you gave it to? :D what is this crystal, suk, do you know?

suk

oooh, that is a good sized crystal! is your kitty the friend you gave it to? :D what is this crystal, suk, do you know?

It's a green calcite :) They seem to be common here.

Adriana

I wanted to post a pic of my calcites, and some others of my new beauties :)

But I cant figure out how to add an attachment. I read the FAQ, but I do not get the option to add attachment. Does anyone know how to do it? Sorry for asking here

sweetcherise13

What beautiful stones ladies! I love seeing and sharing pics of crystals. And I'm especially enjoying it as of lately since I need to tone down my desire to add any new ones to the house right now.

Adriana, when you go to add a post, scroll down beyond the text input box to where it says "additional options" and you will see a link that says "manage attachments". Click on that and it will open a new window that you can choose to add from your computer images or from an url.

If the image is on your computer, click the browse button and pick which image you want to share and it will appear in the box next to the browse button on your post screen. Then just click the "upload" button. It will attach your image to your post.
From there just click on the button that says "submit reply" below or to be sure it was added to your post you can click on "preview post" to double check before submitting.
I hope this helps. :)

Adriana

What beautiful stones ladies! I love seeing and sharing pics of crystals. And I'm especially enjoying it as of lately since I need to tone down my desire to add any new ones to the house right now.

Adriana, when you go to add a post, scroll down beyond the text input box to where it says "additional options" and you will see a link that says "manage attachments". Click on that and it will open a new window that you can choose to add from your computer images or from an url.

If the image is on your computer, click the browse button and pick which image you want to share and it will appear in the box next to the browse button on your post screen. Then just click the "upload" button. It will attach your image to your post.
From there just click on the button that says "submit reply" below or to be sure it was added to your post you can click on "preview post" to double check before submitting.
I hope this helps. :)

Thanks for your help, I don't see that option at all behind the message box. I try to add it from photobucket though

So if this works, you will see some of my calcites in first pic

All calcites. On top 2 of my green ones, 1 orange on left side, in the middle is a zebra like one (think its a calcite lol), and a yellow one, golden one and another one that is pale red.

This one of my recent ones, not calcites

Amethyst on what looks like a bed of agate. I got it so cheap and keep it by my bedside.
Green fluorite octahedron. Then one I think is clear quarts on another rock, but with a small ball of a white crystal on top. Not sure what it is. Looks like cotton ball if you can see it. Perhaps stilbite? Anyone knows? I could take a clearer photo.
Then a necklace with carnelian.

Closer pic of that little ball on the quarts. Stlibite, gyrolite? anyone knows