Which crystal helps you read?

earthshine

Which crystal do you have to have with you when you do a reading? Which crystal helps you become a more accurate reader?

decan

I have a few stones but most of the time they are in a box.
To increase spychic abilities probably a quartz must be a classic, maybe moonstones could be fine in my opinion.

Actually near my deck I have a nice seashell, not because this helps me to read the cards but because I like seashells (shells pertain to the Moon I think).

Redfaery

Aura quartzes are a favorite of mine. I feel better able to tune in to what my decks are saying when I'm wearing my cobalt aura pendant.

earthshine

I've a clear quartz and a moonstone, so two check marks. I'll google aura quartzes.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A7-30GC using Tapatalk

danieljuk

I always wear Labradorite when reading. Padma suggested I get some and wear it some years ago for grounding myself as an empath, but I like the psychic element of it when doing readings.

I think you can go 3 ways with this....

- stones that enhance psychic ability (opening channels, make things flow)
- stones that open and enhance chakras, probably stones for chakras 5,6,7
- stones which are grounding and offer protection.

or stones which combine some or all of these elements.

EmpyreanKnight

I most often use prehnite and gold sheen obsidian. I just resonate very well with prehnite, and the gold sheen obsidian is particularly useful in that it can ground you without blunting your psychic edge. They're very good for normal daily readings.

Next are the usual suspects: amethyst, labradorite, and moldavite.

Among the more unusual stones I use are dumortierite, iolite, pietersite, and almandine garnet.

Prior to a reading, I select and then wear whichever stone I feel will be apt for its energies.

Btw, in the Stone Property Reference Index in the Pocket Book of Stones by Robert Simmons, he lists the following as particularly useful for Tarot: creedite, dumortierite, herderite, iolite, and pietersite. I plan to collect all of them. :)

earthshine

Thanks for your replies. I checked in with a favorite online crystal store for a price list of your stone suggestions, and they sent me back this infographic.

decan

Turquoise is maybe an interesting stone but precisely I don't know its effects. I just know it offers a kind of balance and that it is as well a protective stone.

This stone was used in ancient societies in relation to shamanic practices, it's the reason why I mention it, but I don't know more.

Black toumaline is said grounding and protective!
ETA: nevertheless black tourmaline hasn't the reputation to increase psychic abilities, concerning the Turquoise I don't know, it is a green stone, so it could have a connection with heart chakra.

singerofpeace

I find pietersite helpful, and keep some with my cards even when I'm not using them. I'll often wear a pouch with one of my favorite pietersite pieces while reading. Sometimes I'm moved to use others too... I grabbed some apophyllite on chalcedony and a "super 7" conglomerate the other day and that's been pleasant! Labradorite has been a go-to in the past as well.