Taurus Lunar Eclipse

Minderwiz

On Tuesday/Wednesday of this week (depending on latitutde) the Full Moon occurs at 27 degrees 33 minutes Taurus. This time the Moon is within twelve degrees of its North Node and so the full moon will qualify as an eclipse. Technically this is an Appulse or Penumbra eclipse which is weaker than the more familiar Partial or Total eclipses.

In an Appulse eclipse the Moon only enters the penumbra of the earth (the grey part surrounding Earth's umbra or shadow) However all eclipses are powerful times, especially with the Sun still in Scorpio and Venus, the Ruler of Taurus reaching its Station direct, in Scorpio and at the same time.

This is a time to re-evaluate relationships and with the eclipse squared by Uranus in its own sigh of Aquarius there will be a tension pushing for moving on to new things and breaking with the old.

Those of you with planets between about 22 degrees and 34 degrees of any sign should check to see if either Moon or Uranus make any aspects to those planets - if they do then the house in which those planets are situated could become a focus of your life for some time to come.

faunabay

OK minderwiz,
I had to go look at my chart. I found that Uranus is listed as 22'35" in Leo - my rising sign.
But I have no idea what that means in terms of the eclipse???? Can you fill me in please? :)

Minderwiz

Without your full chart I can only be rather vague - so post me your details - date, time and place of birth.

It appears that the Moon will be in a separating square to your natal Uranus at the time of the eclipse - the orb is a little wide to have a great effect (it would be more intense if the square was applying). You also have a separating opposition from transiting Uranus,

Nevertheless, you are likely to be feeling the need to do something new and exciting, you are impatient with things as they are and at a fairly deep level likely to be emotionally restless - people who make demands on you will not be all that welcome, even if you feel you must respond.

I'm not sure whether your Uranus is in the first or twelfth House - in the first, you might begin to openly display this restlessness - in the twelfth you may tend to keep it hidden from view.

The Uranus opposition which occured earlier this year but is now beginning to fade is quite an important event - rather like your Saturn return, it is a symbol of maturity and the onset of middle age. This is the time of you life when you begin to question what you have done and achieved and start asking 'is it worth it?'
If you feel the answer is no then you will start to look for something different and begin to act in new and unpredictable ways. If this was the case then just as you were beginning to get over this the eclipse will give it a final and significant twist.

If you are content with where you are in life then the response will be much more low key - you might have a few second thoughts or something may happen to make you review the situation - though I would not expect it to change your mind.

Keslynn

So in reading my horoscopes for the month, I was told (I'm a Leo) that the eclipse will affect my career because it's in house 10 of my solar chart. I just looked at my natal chart and this eclipse will happen in my 5th house of that chart. So does one outweigh the other? How is this eclipse supposed to affect my career and/or lovelife?

I'm a little confused with all this, in case you can't tell.

:) Kes

Minderwiz

Popular horoscopes in newspapers and magazines are not based on your natal chart - as you recognise. To do this would require thousands or possibly millions of variations to cope with each individual reader and the need for the publishers to store everyone's birth details - the mind boggles just thinking about it.

Instead they take one of two routes. The first is to take the time of Sunrise and base the first house on that - today that would be 26 degrees 48 minutes of Scorpio where I live. Alternatively and easier is to take 0 degrees of the sign that the Sun is in - 0 degrees Scorpio for today.

This clearly works for Scorpios - using the latter method, their first house would be treated as the whole of Scorpio. For those born under other signs, the horoscope is simply turned the necessary number of signs. So as a Leo your daily horoscope will take the first House as beginning at 0 degrees Leo.

All other Houses are derived from this - so the second begins at 0 degrees Virgo, third at 0 degrees Libra, This results in the tenth House starting at 0 degrees Taurus. Therefore for the newspaper astrologer the eclipse takes place in the tenth House for all Leos.

Clearly this is based on the very limited data available - people were born under Leo so Leo is their first House.

Where you have your natal chart available that will always take precedence - In your case the fifth House is where the eclipse takes place and if the Moon makes an aspect to any other planet the House where they are situated will be affected and also the House that they rule will be affected. The eclipse therefore may affect more than one area of your life.

If the eclipse does not aspect any planet in your natal chart then its effects are debatable. Some Astrologer will give it no effect at all because the natal chart is unaaspected. Others will give it transitory affect - Moon passing through your fifth House and others will give it more affect because eclipses are relatively powerful. I tend to operate on the basis that if the natal chart is unapsected then any effects will be at a low or unconscious level at best.

PurpleGoddess

It's affecting me!

that's for sure. i've been feeling the pull of the this full moon for the past week. i'm already starting to doubt my actions of sending a letter to a man to tell him what i want in a relationship and he's not giving it to me. but i know that i have to do this. AG saw this happening in a chart she did for me and i know my soulmate is out there, i just want i to be this man.

i've been accepted to massage therapy school!!!! that's another change and i'm ready to let go of the p/t job. it's getting in the way of me enjoying my life. and getting ready for the holiday's is important to me. just need to take care of some business in relation to my car, some damage from a renovation project that the company is liable for and don't want to take care of cuz the cost. trying to get another estimate.

i'm cancer with cancer in moon, sun and north node! 6/22/1963 at 7:43 am daylight savings time. so the moon has significant influence on me and my life. especially my emotions. if you can sniff out anything AG didn't get too w/her chart another interpretation would be appreciated. it's got something to do w/uranus and venus if i'm not mistaken.

Goddess, just give me courage to keep to my ground w/John L and keep the honesty flowing. So be it.

blessed be and let's dance with the moon,
PG
:THP

Minderwiz

I'll have a look at your chart - but I need to know where you were born as well as time date and year. So please post the location.

My wife has Cancer rising and she is always but always affected by the full Moon - even to the point of thinking of buying blackout curtains to keep the moonlight out !

january

I've read in a few sources that the effects of an eclipse can be experienced either a month before or after the actual eclipse date? If this is so, I totally felt something big happening exactly a month ago. If it wasn't a "pre-eclipse" effect then I don't know what it was! (but it was something)

PurpleGoddess

place

minderwiz,
born in milford, ct usa (thanks :) )

i think this eclipse too was starting to do magic on my life cause things started changing the beginning of october and halloween with meeting men who would be perfect if i were completely free of this man in my life. that's when i also started doing so soul work in trying to heal past wounds and let them go. so my soulmate can find me. i believe he's out there just need to stop looking.

so that's why i've been going through so much emotional turmoil (good) but painful.

peace

Minderwiz

Thanks Purplegoddess, I'll take a look and get back to you.

In terms of the length of the effect - and whether the effect can come before the eclipse, I have seen a number of theories. Some say that an eclipse will last until the next one of the same type comes along (though with waning power). Its also argued that the people most affected are those with Cancer prominant in their charts.

I have read that Transits may begin to have an effect some time before they become exact and indeed I use this in my interpretations. Normally the period when the Moon comes into orb is only a matter of hours but I have read that lunations and eclipses may have an effect up to five days before they become exact - I would doubt the month duration - something else is at work as well.

Eclipses bring things to a head or maturity so they may well make explicit somethig that has been bubbling up for some time.