Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group - Descriptions - Case Studies #1 and #2

Sylvie Steinbach

Good night everyone and welcome to several new members :)

This workshop is growing very fast and this makes me very happy :)

Ok I m going to end the agony on the two cases:

Let's start with case #1 -of course it is a class study and therefore we do not have the intuition and psychic insights that you will get doing a reading for someone else which can make you lean toward a specific story-

24-heart + 18-dog + 32-moon + 22-crossroad + 28-man + 30-lily + 12-birds + 5-tree + 25-ring

We always start from the key card in this case 28-man. Everything on the left of our screen is his recent past. Everything on the right side of the screen is what he is thinking or his intents.

18-dog is an important card as it is sometimes used as a key card to represent someone we know or it usually signifies someone the person you read for knows. It shows here as the recent past. Of course the dog surrounded by the heart and the moon show an emotional connection between the man and the dog person. Love relationship comes in mind. The crossroad shows a change or seperation. Because it is next to the man we know it just happened and therefore it has to be within the past few months no further than that into the past.
If you look at the definitions in the book, the crossroad is a card of flexibility and free will. The seperation may have been mutual. The symbol also pairs with 2 and libra sign. So depending on when you do the reading this could be important. The situation may have been final 2 months ago. Or during september/october cycle.
I will hold off into giving a physical description on this man yet until you have view everything.
the lily is a card of maturity and tranquility. No doubt this man has found peace in this decision or will find it was a positive action shortly. The person is definitively in his late 30's or 40's or look like older than his real age.
The birds give the ability to communicate clearly but also it gives the perspective that this person likes company and the idea of couple. The tree give a positive outlook on his mind set. He is not depressed by the recent events, will recover quickly and has an optimistic point of view toward another possible chance for relationship. He is motivated by the ring that shows he believe in stable and positive connections such as marriage.

Now the case was for Laurie who wanted to know when she will meet the right person leading to possible marriage. In this case we do not address time line yet! but descriptions and other information detailing the individual.

So we can give her all these descriptions already. For the physical ones the lily is always giving gray hair. But they can be spart or numerous depending on the other elements. Between the crossroad that gives reddish/light coloring and no other dark cards really around it is safe to say he is light coloring with maybe some gray and medium to fair complexion.

Now the dog is the intriguing part: it could mean that he was involved and just seperated with someone she knows today. I know it is a weird scenario but it is life. And it happens more often than people want to know about. So she may not know him but she may know the woman he was involved with. So maybe they have a network in commom. Time will tell....

Case #2

4-house + 8-coffin + 13-child + 3-ship + 28-man + 19-tower + 26-book + 31-sun

Julia wants to know who is coming into her life.

The man is our starting point. Let's look into the recent situations. Ship is indication of movement, leaving things behind. The 3 combination of house, coffin and child show a definite personal story. His domestic life went down he may have even lost his home -again I refer to the book!- But no his child. Because the coffin is before the child, this is not relating to its death. Just the home life or building is affected. But the child is left behind in some ways because of the ship's position. It is a good guess to think that this man went through a loss -divorce or domestic loss such as the death of his partner- but also did not retain full care of the child. The child may even not live near...
The tower describe a man that is taller than 6 feet -180cm- and has dark hair. The card also give seriousness and austerity to the reading and i would think that in this case it is appropriate to think so. The tower/book combination can show an high level of expertise that requires university eduction or licenses. He also could be an college professor or working as a CPA, IRS or other governmental institutions -again check your book definitions.
The sun opens a positive outcome as far as what this man can do in the future. No doubt he can recover from his history and seems to show a promising career and lifestyle.

Again no timing here just descriptions. It is essential you use your book to understand the meanings of the cards and how they speak.

The personal history is important in love inquiries. You must know how to profile someone's emotional life.

I will post tomorrow the important steps and tips for that but look into the chapter page 187 ahead of time...

Thanks
sylvie

faunabay

OK, I'm going to give it a go with the case studies. I took it a bit further than just descriptions but..... :)

Case #1:
Laurie already knows this person who will be her next love relationship. I think maybe they were sweethearts in the past - maybe school age, then went their separate ways after school. They will be meeting up again many years later at a church or spiritual function with a bunch of other people. He's an attractive, older person. Very charming and romantic with a medium skin tone and greying hair now that used to be light brown or blonde. They have a very strong karmic connection - soul mate material.

Case #2:
Julia is possibly selling her house or just did. This man will come into her life in some manner from the sale of the house. Maybe during some of the tax work to do with the sale. He is a successful, educated individual who is very family oriented and a stable personality. He has light brown or ashe blonde hair, with blue, green or hazel eyes and possibly some facial hair - a beard, gotee, etc. He is quite tall - 6 ft or taller, but also a squarish physique.

OK, I just went and read your "answers". I see what I was doing. I was applying alot of the information to the women, not the man who was coming into their lives. hmmm....
In case #1, there was alot of things I still stand by, but definitely see what you're talking about and how I went astray. :) Although how did you get to the "30's or 40's but looks older"?
In case #2 I feel I was off base because I forgot to put in the ship card when I went to do this study (oops!) and couldn't figure out how the child fit in. :( But how did you get the dark hair Sylvie? I saw the house as light to medium brown or ash blonde hair, then the sun is blonde. So I put him as light brown to dark blonde hair????
This was difficult for me without a specific person to get that personal touch to focus on. But this is how you learn. :)

Sylvie Steinbach

Case #1

To start you go to the key card. Do not read from the first card on the far left of the screen. that is where people make a mistake. you read it like it was a lay out spread. It is not! it is the 'no lay out' technique.
Then you look at the immediate cards around the key card. They give descriptions and coloring or character/ details on the person. in this case crossroad and lily only are used.
The left represents the past or recent situations that applies to the man not the woman you read for. You are focusing on what you want to know: in this case the man and who he is. The moon and the birds do not bring any description so these 2 are the strongest. The lily always mean older which means the person looks older but it does not always mean he is sixty. So when you read for someone you always give options such as he is in his late 30's or mid 40's or could look older. Gray hair can make people look older but then you find out they are in their late 30's. So be careful...

If you follow my book how to read the left side does not refer to any thing related to her except the fact that the dog could be someone she knows even not friends with. The dog refers to the man again so it refers to his ex-girlfriend. All the additional information you supply will have to double check before you tell her this entire story. You will have to ask yourself another question such as 'is she going to meet her at a religious gathering?' and see if the answer is confirmed...unless of course you 'flashed' on the event and if that is the case double checking is optional. The lenormand is really a tool for psychic information....

Sylvie Steinbach

case #2

Again same issue you must start from the key card -man and work your way from there. The cards on the left do not refer to her but him...he is the one who lost his home or his domestic life collapsed.
because you missed the ship that is why you do not see the connection with the dark hair :)
ship and tower are the closest cards: ship is dark coloring. tower does not bring anything more than height. The house is too far off to use for physical attributes.
But you response to #2 was not bad at all actually. You will have had your ship in your spread I am sure you will have been right on..

Just remember the next time to start from the key card and work your way from that card. Do not start to read from the beginning of the spread...

hope that helps..

sylvie

Skydancer

Case Study #1

Laurie is the client. She wants to know when she will meet the right person. She indeed is looking for a long term relationship leading to possibly marriage.
The reading is using the no lay out system where all the cards can be used to answer this inquiry. The result is:

24-heart + 18-dog + 32-moon + 22-crossroad + 28-man + 30-lily + 12-birds...
....+ 5-tree + 25-ring

I have it that there was a love/relationship interest in the man's not too distant past, and there came a parting of the ways. BUT - that parting might have been one or the other escaping that relationship. One or the other was feeling "bound" by the closeness. Since the crossroad card is nearest the Man, than I'm thinking the man executed the parting, to get away.

Now - the other closest card is the lily. So I'm thinking that this man is now in a zen mode; he is content to keep his own council. Both the lily and the birds are 'winter' cards. Perhaps this man is a writer because he wishes to verbalize his thoughts. From this time of reverie he will come to find his soul mate (tree with birds).

She will find an older/wiser man in the slightly distant future, who is quiet and wishes to have meaningful conversations. It can lead to a soulmate relationship but she can't push it because of his hurt from the recent past relationship.

How's that?
*S*

Sylvie Steinbach

Skydancer

I think it is a good presentation of the case: the past story makes sense. Now your input on his profession will have to be double checked quickly before you present it to the client. Unless the book was present you can't be sure...Birds usually refer to verbal communication. And lily does not introduce any element about writing.
To make the point I could say that the combination lily + birds + tree + ring could also describe someone who does holistic work, speech therapy or something in that nature. Of course I am adding this to bother you :)
I want to show you how several interpretations can come up and that adding quick questions to double check your inputs is essential...

Now try yourself onto the next case studies...

sylvie

Skydancer

I see what you mean by "lily + birds + tree + ring " = work (the contract) talking, wholistic -- lily being older, right? Might he have been doing this for a while then?

*S*

[edited to add: I got the 'writer' part because I saw him as a recluse at present, yet wanting to communicate. So thought maybe he was writing his thoughts and such, rather than mingling with people in a social way. Just what came to me at the time I was writing this.]

Sylvie Steinbach

Yes the lily can be translated as maturity and experience, confidence in what you do... :)

Skydancer

Case study #2
Julia wants to see who is coming into her life:

4-house + 8-coffin + 13-child + 3-ship + 28-man + 19-tower + 26-book + 31 sun

I also went beyond descriptions by adding life details that in real life help describe an individual and can be very specific.
Here's the story: He is a foreigner, and life as he knew it has ended in the old country. He set sail on a tiny craft, small ship, and has landed here (in America). He is tall, ambitious, on a mission, and reasonably young - maybe early 20's. He has dark hair and eyes. He has many mysteries he is keeping secret, information about himself he is not divulging. He has a lot of baggage from the old country, things he wishes not to discuss. But he is smart, and with the new start in this country he will probably make something of himself because that is his desire; to be somebody people respect or admire. I also see the Sun as shining a good light on the situation, even though his life may have been rough going before now and he has had to uproot and begin again.

I think he would be an interesting person to get to know, if one respects his privacy and does not pry. Julia will enjoy getting to know him, if she has similar interests (acedemics and such).

*S*

Sylvie Steinbach

For Skydancer

I would guide you to the previous breakdown of the answer appearing a bit earlier on this thread and then you can PM me to ask me why it is the way it is...

Now the ship next to the key card can often show someone who is originally from another country but not always. Someone coming from the East coast and moving to the West coast can show up with the ship -long distance!

You are also right by saying that the sun does give a positive light on the future. But I encourage you to check the answer on this case so you see what you have missed :)