Deck of the Week Signup Thread - Week 32 - March 10th - March 17th

Penthasilia

Alchemical tarot for me this week- and thanks!

Happy to join the group :)

MountainGirl

I just got Sol Invictus and would like to participate with that.

But I'm still so new here that I don't quite know what is expected for me (did a search but got repeated error messages). Do I have to post a daily draw or anything else? Would appreciate some guidance or being pointed to where this is explained.

Thanks,

MountainGirl

Chiska

But I'm still so new here that I don't quite know what is expected for me (did a search but got repeated error messages). Do I have to post a daily draw or anything else? Would appreciate some guidance or being pointed to where this is explained.

Thanks,

MountainGirl

There really are no requirements. You can post your daily draws in the Deck of the Week Daily Draws thread (link in post 1). You can participate in the Deck of the Week Exchange (also link in post 1). It is quite informal.

In this thread, you are welcome to discuss how you are doing with the deck - do you like it? do you hate it? All that kind of stuff.

We are all pretty much doing our own thing or have our own "rules." For example, I use other decks during the week for other things. I also have to abide by what a random number generator says when it comes to choosing a deck. My decks are numbered, and I use a generator to give me a number - I have to use that deck (unless I already have used it for the deck of the week, or if it is exempt for some other reason.).

Others are faithful and use only that single deck of the week for ALL their readings. They may choose based on preference. Some post daily draws, others don't. Some participate in the reading exchange, others don't.

So, welcome to the group! :)

Elendil

Welcome to the group MountainGirl. As Chiska says there are no hard and fast rules here. You do your own thing and can post as little or as much as you like about your deck.

Elendil. :)

jema

I actually did try to offer free oracle readings - but a big fat zero accepted. :-S

Karmagoth

Penthasilia and MountainGirl: welcome :) This is only my third week with the group and it's as relaxed as you want to it to be.

The first week I mostly worked on my own, read the other posts and posted generally on the sign up thread.

Last week I posted daily draws because I felt like it and did my first ever reading exchange.

This week they won't be able to shut me up!

Next week I might choose a dark deck and no one will see me at all :)

I love it here :heart:

Nina*

Well... since I can't seem to stay faithful to one deck for more than a few days (or a couple of hours :D ) I think I'll try this too.

SHOULD I find a deck I'd want to work with for more than a week, great. If not, I'll not feel so bad about it due to all of you changing all the time. :D

So... this week will be with the Mary-el.

Cat*

Welcome to all the newcomers! Nice to have you around! :)

In addition to what Chiska already said, I also wanted to point out that several of us post our daily readings and other "deck of the week"-related stuff on our blogs instead of the Daily Draws thread. So if you're interested in seeing what we're up to it might be worth checking out the links given in people's profiles (click on the name and pick "Visit xxx's homepage!").

For the record: I have a numbered list with all my decks (tarot and oracle) and use a random number generator (http://www.random.org/) to pull three numbers each week. I then choose one of the three suggested decks. I only draw again if I already used the suggested deck(s) in a previous week so that I have three "fresh" ones every time.

I have some catching up to do from last week, so I'll be back later today with my choice for this week.

Karmagoth

Welcome to all the newcomers! Nice to have you around! :)

In addition to what Chiska already said, I also wanted to point out that several of us post our daily readings and other "deck of the week"-related stuff on our blogs instead of the Daily Draws thread. So if you're interested in seeing what we're up to it might be worth checking out the links given in people's profiles (click on the name and pick "Visit xxx's homepage!").

Hi Cat* :) Since reading all your blogs this week, I've been inspired to start my own - never thought I would! For my own use at the moment (it's dreadful!!!) but who knows? Maybe I'll add it here one day.