"failed tarot readings"

chanelme

Hello

I have q question about tarot reading in general and how to deal with the information given to me. For about a 10 years period i have seen professional tarot readers 3 times and 1 palm reader (she's been on tv several times).
For one reason other other hardly no reading was correct/ came trough...
I wonder if anyone of you have come across this and why this could happened?

I grew up in a place (reagion/ country) where most people are spiritual. So i crew up with it.
Many of my friends had readings of different sorts and it came through.

I really do believe in readings. And i practice tarot myself, not professional.

I would be so thankful for any answers on this topic.

Thank you and have a wonderful day

PeonyInLove

Could be a number of things...

1. The readers might be crap at their job
2. You could be a hard person to pick up energy on
3. You could quite possibly be changing your path constantly, exercising your free will.

I have this friend who loves getting her cards read n seeing psychics. Yet every single time she goes they can never pick up much on her and the stuff they do pick up on relates to her sister... It happens every time to her so she just doesn't go see anyone now lol

chanelme

Could be a number of things...

1. The readers might be crap at their job
2. You could be a hard person to pick up energy on
3. You could quite possibly be changing your path constantly, exercising your free will.

I have this friend who loves getting her cards read n seeing psychics. Yet every single time she goes they can never pick up much on her and the stuff they do pick up on relates to her sister... It happens every time to her so she just doesn't go see anyone now lol

Oh... Thank you so much for you answers, PeonyInLove
So if its number 2 or 3 could i do anything to change that?
The readers didn't tell me anything about my energy, if it was hard to pick up on or not.

So should i just give up on having reading or not? Because i kind of like it, but on the other hand.. its really hard to believe after i had i reading....

PeonyInLove

I'm not entirely sure as I'm just a novice but I'm sure there will be others to comment n give you advice. I've had a few readings, some things happened, other things didn't. Predictive reading is tricky I think. I say don't give up at all. You can gain so much insight and you just have to find a reader that resonates with you xx

Tanga

Hmm - I can't remember ever having predictive readings...(that then didn't come true...).
I've always ended up with a reader that prefers the "self-development"/"mirror of the subconscious" kind of approach, which I prefer myself when I'm reading.
I think predictive reading is tricky and I'm very cautious about it - because we have free will, and we do create our own reality - plus self-fulfilling prophesy can kick in.

I always found the readings I received helpful for giving me ideas about how to move forward with whatever challenges I was facing at the time.
Or simply for clarification/acknowledgement of the present - where sometimes acknowledgement is all that is needed in order to be able to move on with freedom.

alchemist1248

I've done several professional readings where the client was either closed or "jumpy", meaning that I couldn't feel a stable link between them and the cards. If the querant is closed, I usually just give their money back. If they are jumpy, I try a different deck. I've found The Cards of Alchemy to be useful in those situations because they are more focused on how things are changing than how things "look".

Nemia

Chanelme, why not buy your own deck (one that really speaks to you) and learn to read your own cards? While self-reading is limited by our own blind spots, it can give insight and help you develop your own relationship to your inner archetypes without the need of a person in between.

I know this doesn't answer your question but think about it. And maybe switch from predictive readings (which may go wrong) to reflective readings - and try to find readers who read in that style.

danieljuk

sorry to hear that chanelme :( perhaps try a different reader if they are not coming true! like the posts in this thread, people can't decide 100% if you can make predictions or not with tarot. I think you can but it can be really inaccurate! Future predictions are when you have the reading done and can change if you change! Far off predictions like when will I marry? that sort of thing are highly inaccurate! But some people here on AT have had absolute predictions come true. I have not had an exact prediction come true in my life but some readings have been 100% accurate with my life I have found.

I don't read professionally and I never guarantee future predictions, I say *this could happen*. It's much safer to use it as a mirror like Tanga said, or for decision making. In terms of future divination, anything over 6 months gets more and more at risk of inaccuracy! Predicting is a tricky business!

The question I think you have to decide is if the reader is just a bad reader or it's just not coming true or your life is changing so much! If you are paying more and you like the reading you get, I would hang on there otherwise it's probably not worth it.

mydearruby

I am not a professional reader, but I tend not to predict the future using Tarot. It is not because I have doubt on its efficacy, but because I think there are too many elements out of our control when doing a predictive reading for its accuracy (as others said---the rapport, experience of making interpretation, one's intuitive capacities, etc.). Besides, I personally believe there are multiple systems in charge of our future with Tarot being only one among many of them. And a single angle (or odds) from Tarot reading can not always offer an all-rounded picture.

On a different note, if you read for retrospective or meditative purpose, then Tarot can hardly betray you...I normally do my daily draw at the end of day to see what the lesson is, and never fail to learn something from the card. While the single angle from tarot does not necessarily pinpoint and exhaust the possibilities of future, in hindsight this angle always broadens my horizon of a past event.

But this is certainly only my own preference=) I believe there are plenty out there who are very versed with prediction.

Grizabella

Remember when you were young and you'd reject something your parent suggested but if a trusted friend or auntie would tell you the same thing, you'd pay attention to it? It's my belief that Tarot works similarly. There are messages that, if you were to get them from a certain Tarot reader, wouldn't be accepted and utilized the same way by you so they're not the one who can see the answer for you in the cards. Or maybe the time just isn't right for you know the information.

Even if you're reading for just insight, the premise is the same as a predictive reading. You may ask "how can I communicate with X in a more effective way?"and what the cards suggest is basically saying "if you do this, it will be effective" and that's predictive. It's in the future, even if only a short time into the future, because it's not the present or the past.