Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 198 : May 16 - May 22

Madrigal

Sorry I've been MIA this week! Seems like my poor kiddos pick up every illness on the planet, so I've been tending to my little sicklings. :)

Sorry to hear about that. Always hard on a mama.

I'm feeling very impressed with Victorian Fairy, from the artwork to the book! I bought this deck last spring and while I did a few readings with it, I don't think I've done DOTW with it until now. Honestly, it has been a little neglected because I bought it at the same time as Tarot of the Hidden Realms (which shot its way up into my top 10 decks so fast it nearly made my head spin! lol). So I played with it a little and then it got shelved with all of my other decks.

That was my experience with TotHR, too. I got them around the same time but I connected more deeply with HR. I did a week with VF a few months ago but never really found my way in. I'll have to revisit it.

I might have to stick with this deck for another week! I'm not feeling that "itch" that I normally have by Thursday night! lol

Love it when that happens. I'll be continuing with Universal Goddess and Runes for the same reason. The UG is a little tricky to read with because it diverges somewhat from RWS but not enough for me to ignore that system. Had a hard time with their depiction of the Two of Wands earlier in the week. The Rune I drew helped tremendously though :D

ETA This deck has enlarged my knowledge of less familiar goddesses. Because each card represents a different goddess I'm doing a lot of extra reading up on the specifics of them. Very enlightening!

BodhiSeed

Sorry I've been MIA this week! Seems like my poor kiddos pick up every illness on the planet, so I've been tending to my little sicklings. :)
Glad to hear you're enjoying the VF! Hope your little ones get well soon. :heart:
This deck has enlarged my knowledge of less familiar goddesses. Because each card represents a different goddess I'm doing a lot of extra reading up on the specifics of them. Very enlightening!

I love decks that teach me new things to the point I want to research them a bit. Sounds like you've got a winning combo Madrigal. :thumbsup:

Madrigal

Glad to hear you're enjoying the VF! Hope your little ones get well soon. :heart:

I love decks that teach me new things to the point I want to research them a bit. Sounds like you've got a winning combo Madrigal. :thumbsup:

Well, you've inspired me, Impulse of Awakening--as the poet in me wants to interpret your username--with your own wonderful and intuitive Tarot-Oracle pairings.

BodhiSeed

Thank you, Madrigal. :)
"Impulse of Awakening" - my husband might translate that as "cattle prod." :laugh:

VGimlet

Sorry your kids have been ill swedishfish612! There is some nasty stuff going around.

Well, thank goodness this week is over - a very tower-ish week - both good and bad in our family.

New thread is HERE.