Two Person Readings

Neysa

(Please forgive me if this is an incorrect question for this forum or if my question is a tarot "no-no!")
I am very new at this, but was wondering if there is such a thing as dual reading of a spread. My husband and I are both very spiritual, but have strongly different personalities and backgrounds. Do you think it would be possible, or okay, to have both of us sit together to do a tarot spread and reading? Would this give greater insight, or just muddle everything up?

I did attempt to google this, but with no results.

Grizabella

Welcome to AT. :)

You can do anything you want to with the cards. If you and hubby want to do a combined reading, you certainly can. Or you can take turns reading for each other.

In professional situations, reading for a couple together is not usually done because isn't the ideal situation. Some of us prefer not to do it that way, but that's different from what you're asking about. There was a thread a couple of days ago where someone had done a reading for a woman in a troubled marriage and then the next day the husband contacted her for a reading.

Tarot is a deck of cards and there are no spirits around it or anything like that. Some folks choose to use them to get messages from the afterlife or to try to contact a deceased person. But the cards are just cardboard and ink. The way they work is a mystery, even to the pro readers and researchers, but some think it works similarly to a Rorschach inkblot test. My own theory is that they tap into the 90% of our brains that we can't access at will. (Researchers say we only use 10% of our brains and the other 90% is a mystery.)

But just to answer the question you asked, yes you and your husband could do a reading like that. My suspicion is that it maybe become a confusing situation, especially since you're new to the cards. But give it a try and see what happens. :)

SunChariot

(Please forgive me if this is an incorrect question for this forum or if my question is a tarot "no-no!")
I am very new at this, but was wondering if there is such a thing as dual reading of a spread. My husband and I are both very spiritual, but have strongly different personalities and backgrounds. Do you think it would be possible, or okay, to have both of us sit together to do a tarot spread and reading? Would this give greater insight, or just muddle everything up?

I did attempt to google this, but with no results.
There is noting at all wrong with asking that question. You can ask anything you want to Tarot related.

My answer is just to try it. Then you will know if it works for you or not. If it does great, if it doesn't try in different ways and see if they work better. If you feel called to do it,then do it. Simple as that.

Whether or not anyone else has ever done it before makes no difference. If you want to try it , try it. They are your cards/your tool to do as you will with.

But the only way to know if it will give you greater insight or muddle things is to try. It may be slow at first also, but you may perfect the process with practice. It certainly has the potential to work if you have that spiritual connection, imo.

Babs

Neysa

Thank you both for your thoughtful, and understanding, answers. When I feel a littler more steady with the cards I think we'll give it a shot and see how it goes. :)