Delayed aha moment

violetdaisy

I've been mulling over a card for a few days now trying to make sense of it and all of a sudden it just came to me. I came close to posting about it actually a couple of times but decided that I needed to really try to just think about it during quiet times to let ideas just float around and marinate. I would like to know the longest time it has taken to figure a meaning out when the traditional meaning simply doesn't make sense.

nisaba

People should do this more often than just look at it for a few seconds, say "I don't get it" and pull a so-called "clarifying card" to confuse them even further. How are we to learn if we don't sit with things and mull them over?

Rosewater

Sometimes it takes time and life experience for a baffling card's meaning to begin to gel. Or a certain mood, a daily-life encounter, a reframing of attitude. I think that's also why readings can take time to assimilate and unfold.

Inghinn

That's happened to me a few times, usually when I've been driving. I'd sit and ponder a reading, usually from the day before, and then it would hit me and fall into place. It's a bit of a shame when this happens after a face-to-face reading and the opportunity has passed, but definitely something to 'file away' for reference if and when the same card some up again.

Krystophe

I would like to know the longest time it has taken to figure a meaning out when the traditional meaning simply doesn't make sense.

I've very often pondered a reading for days until I felt it was beginning to resonate for me...