World Tarot Day May 25

nisaba

Goodness, scrolling quickly through that blog post, Death appeared to be riding backwards on the back of a little budgerigar! What a great visualisation! Now I want a deck where Death really *is* riding a small bird.

Tanga

Well now... that Judie Stanford and all the drama.
Things that make you go "Hmm". (know that song?) :joke:

My World Tarot Day plan is this:
I've offered a 1 position (2 card reading - 1 major, 1 minor) - to my facebook friends.
They choose a number between 0 - 77. I then add my own random choice to their card, and read - "Words of wisdom from Tanga the Oracle". :) (Which incidentally is the meaning of my given name, Tanga. "The Oracle"). Hoping to draw in the friends that are skeptical or know little about it.

Perhaps I'll do the readings with a towel wrapped round my head... ;) ...then photograph it and post for their amusement...

nisaba

The forty-two card spread in my link is probably a bit cumbersome to do for every single one of your FB friends ...

nisaba

The day is here! The day is here! Hooray!

<dances the Dance of the Seven Towels, and juggles decks happily>

Tanga

The day is here! The day is here! Hooray!

<dances the Dance of the Seven Towels, and juggles decks happily>

Seriously? jugggling? :)
My cat is so jealous of all the reading I'm doing - lot's of lying on my spreads is happening.

...and... I have to break the Tarot drama by stopping a while, for a therapy study session with a colleague-in-training...hmm.
How shall I serve Tarot to her? :joke:

Plus - Ciro Marchetti is in town tomorrow for "informal Tarot chat" - apparently
(painted the The Gilded Tarot, The Legacy of the Divine Tarot, Oracle of Visions and Tarot of Dreams) - I am informed by one of my Tarot groups. However - it's a Kung Fu grading night :))) - and I'm not a wild fan of any of those so - I shall miss him.

Morwenna

I remembered about Tarot Day but didn't do anything about it. :(

I don't do Towel Day.

Don't they advertise Wear the Lilac Day (Pratchett) any more?? Shame...

nisaba

Don't they advertise Wear the Lilac Day (Pratchett) any more?? Shame...

<bugeyed> Tell me more. When is it?

I would have thunk we'd commemorate Pteri with wearing black, or wearing a black hat, or at a pinch, wearing a greying beard ...