Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 198 : May 16 - May 22

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: HERE

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the Week Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles or Lenormand decks:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Readings Journal

Lenormand Decks - Threads in Lenormand Journals forum
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Readings Journal

Participants:
1. VGimlet - Romantic Tarot
2. RiverRunsDeep - Pearls of Wisdom
3. swedishfish612 - Victorian Fairy Tarot & Earth Magic oracle
4. SarahJoy - CBD Tarot de Marseille
5. BodhiSeed - Greenwood Tarot & the Shaman's Oracle
6. AJ - Ananda
7. Madrigal - Universal Goddess & Runes
8. toj - Prisma Visions
9. Madame Squee - Wicca Moon Tarot & Elder Futhark Runes

VGimlet

This week I'm taking a break from the Wirth (lovely though it is) and taking the Romantic Tarot for a spin around the block a couple times. :p

RiverRunsDeep

I'll be staying with my Pearls of Wisdom for another week. There is soooo much to look at and study in these cards.

swedishfish612

I'm playing with Victorian Fairy Tarot and the Earth Magic oracle. Thanks!

SarahJoy

I'm in this week with the CBD Tarot de Marseille.

BodhiSeed

I'm in with the Greenwood Tarot paired with the Shaman's Oracle.
Thanks for keeping us going, VGimlet.:heart:

Swedishfish, the Victorian Fairy was a deck I was given as a gift, and I didn't think I would enjoy it. It turned out to be a fantastic deck with much thought put into the artwork and book (in my opinion). I'll be curious to see how you find it. :)

AJ

I haven't decided yet, just wanted to send a shout out to Colin if he is looking in, we haven't forgotten about you! Hope you are feeling better

edited to add: Ananda for me this week thank you

RiverRunsDeep

Death and The Devil in Pearls of Wisdom

I don't "always" read Death and the Devil in a negative way, but I have to admit that I get a little twinge of unease when they show up in a reading! I think the Pearls does a great job of depicting the more positive aspects of these cards, but with great depth and feeling, and no sugarcoating at all.

The Death card shows a woman walking from the left side of the card towards the right. The left side of the card is enveloped in shadows and darkness, including the woman's back, right arm, and right leg. The right side of the card is filled with light, which shines on the woman's frontside, left arm, and left leg. What a striking way to depict transformation, and the forward movement that is necessary to leave the past and the "old stuff" behind.

The Devil card shows a woman standing in front of a mirror, surveying her image. Her reflection is severely distorted and less then flattering, and all of the treasures that surround her in reality are not reflected in the mirror. As a person who has had body image problems for-ev-er, this card struck a powerful chord. To me, it shows how our self-image can be so distorted, we begin to see all of our treasures as nonexistent. It also shows that the Devil does not necessarily symbolize some scary "other" person; sometimes it is our own self. We need to face our own reflection and accept the bad while also gracefully acknowledging the good.

I like how Pearls of Wisdom depicts both Death and The Devil in ways that encourage us to take ownership of these arcana. These are not always things that happen to us, but things we make happen through our own choices.

A bit wordy tonight, thank you for reading! :)

Madrigal

Universal Goddess for me. Paired with I know not what.

Madrigal

Decided to pair my Tarot with Runes this week. Today's Rune draw gave clarity to a nebulous pairing.