shuffling, energy or bad interpretation?

tarot_quest

Hi guys,

Today, it is the first time since a really long time that I was totally out of track when doing a reading about a love interest for one of my friend.

She ask me how a new love interest perceives her, questions about his family and other general questions about him and she said that I was quite accurate.

During the same spread, she completely switch to another guy to test my accuracy. We didn't SHUFFLE the cards and she ask me how she perceived another guy (the question was: Is she physically attracted to the second guy?). I pulled the star and the 2 of wands (so to me it was more yes than no). However, I was completely out of track since she swear that she was not attracted at all to the second guy. So my question is: Is it possible to get the wrong cards if you start a second spread without shuffling the cards? Like if the energy of the first spread was still present? I know that the cards don't lie!

*Note: To me, the star and the 2 of wands meant that she WAS attracted. So it is really like if I did pull the wrong cards for the first time, not that I didn't interpret them well, I believe.

Thanks :) I know that we can't always be accurate, but it is the first time that I was so out of track, so it was like a downer

Starri Knytes

Not all decks appreciate being tested in this way.
I get the cards meaning as sarcasm,

You're lucky to have what you've got!

I would probably be a little put off by someone who would do this. Bottom line is, shuffle or not the cards will get their meaning across.

tarot_quest

Hi Starri knytes,

Could you elaborate more please? You think that it is disrespectful to ask questions for which we already know the answer? Do you have personal examples where the cards sent you confusing/not accurate interpretations?

I am really curious and I would like to understand what happened

Thanks!

Kgirl

It is probably an individual thing but I am seeing this sensation in my own readings.

I find if I prepare my cards for my own personal questions and dive straight into those questions for me then I get a more accurate reading but if I delve into questions for others first and then follow those readings with readings on my own questions, the readings are 'off'.

I think energy is an important thing. Just my opinion of course.

nisaba

Could you elaborate more please? You think that it is disrespectful to ask questions for which we already know the answer?
As a test, yes.

Think about it. A Tarot deck is a resource that arguably supplies information.

A university mathematics professor is a resource that arguably supplies information.

The student at university is not sure they understand the maths that the professor is teaching, or thinks she might be wrong. So he decides to test the Maths professor. He knows what the answer to three multiplied by three is, so with breathtakingly bad manners he asks the professor "What's three times three?"

OF COURSE the professor is insulted. And she has no option. Saying "nine" is just silly and doesn't slam the student down enough. So She'd say something like "Forty-three thousand seven hundred and ninety-four point six one six seven two two nine six repeater."

Do you see the parallel? If you know the answer and ask to test, it will give you the wrong answer because you are not respecting its answers to proper questions that you don't know the answer to.

Starri Knytes

That cards will refuse to answer by many mean, sarcasm, reiterating a previous answer. giving an answer that seems to make no sense. It's almost like an eye roll from beyond.

If your friend doesn't believe and trust in the message delivered through the use of cards why bother asking? Where does your friend think this message comes from?

My belief is that this is a message from a higher power, an higher consciousness. I for one would not challenge a message from beyond. I am thankful for the gift of reading. I thankful for the ability to bring forward an accurate message for my clients.
I wouldn't want to jeopardize that by misusing or offending the messages source. ;)

tarot_quest

It is probably an individual thing but I am seeing this sensation in my own readings.

I find if I prepare my cards for my own personal questions and dive straight into those questions for me then I get a more accurate reading but if I delve into questions for others first and then follow those readings with readings on my own questions, the readings are 'off'.

I think energy is an important thing. Just my opinion of course.

Thank you so much Kgirl :)

I see your point and I will keep that in mind!! The questions were all my friend's questions but I guess that switching from one topic to the other without shuffling the cards/not being enough focused might create some mistakes for the interpretation

tarot_quest

As a test, yes.

OF COURSE the professor is insulted. And she has no option. Saying "nine" is just silly and doesn't slam the student down enough. So She'd say something like "Forty-three thousand seven hundred and ninety-four point six one six seven two two nine six repeater."

Do you see the parallel? If you know the answer and ask to test, it will give you the wrong answer because you are not respecting its answers to proper questions that you don't know the answer to.

Hi nisaba,

Yes I see your point. I didn't know the answer but my friend did. I also understand the principle of respecting what is behind tarot, and I do. Proving to my friend that my reading is accurate is not the best thing to do (it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable) but I don't see what is wrong in asking tarot things that you already know. I think that it might be an excellent way to understand the cards.

Moreover, if there is something (like a source) that organized the way the cards will be pulled, I would guess that this source/energy will not be offended if we try to ask questions for which we know the answer, once in a while, to get a better understanding of the cards. If I was a teacher, I would not be offended. I think that the ego of the person might be, but that is another story here.

tarot_quest

That cards will refuse to answer by many mean, sarcasm, reiterating a previous answer. giving an answer that seems to make no sense. It's almost like an eye roll from beyond.

My belief is that this is a message from a higher power, an higher consciousness. I for one would not challenge a message from beyond. I am thankful for the gift of reading. I thankful for the ability to bring forward an accurate message for my clients.
I wouldn't want to jeopardize that by misusing or offending the messages source. ;)

Hi Starri knytes,

I like the way you see tarot (a message coming from a higher consciousness :))

Again, challenging tarot is maybe a weird thing to do, but it was not done in a sarcastic or an offending manner. Sometimes, if I ask a question twice or tree times, I will get the same answer. The question for my thread was about how not shuffling all the cards for a new question/topic might affect the reading

thanks for your opinion :)

Starri Knytes

This is the way I hear it.

If you want to treat it like a game don't be surprised when you get played/tricked.