Two of Cups - Feelings vs. Seeing a Person

ChristianReader

You're not too far off here but my opinion:
How does one feel about the other?
2 of cups can show that (in terms of romance) this person not only finds you physically attractive but has this interest in your personality as well. This person acknowledges that they have some curiosity, feelings that go beneath the surface, and that they've thought about you a few times already.
This person doesn't have "the hots" for you but is quite smitten for now.
The 3 of cups would indicate a friendship or buddy mostly.

Now if you ask how does this person see you? That is a more physical question but they see the person as well as the looks. They see you not as a friend but someone they have this attachment to.
If you're using R.W. the picture itself shows 2 people looking in the others eyes. To me that's very personal. It's not about looks, friendship, or brief attraction. How they see you I believe that it means they can't think of you, talk to you, nor be around you and not have an interest and emotional attachment to you.

nisaba

So, how do you distinguish in meaning between how a person feels about someone after pulling the TWO OF CUPS versus how the person sees the other?

I cannot seem to see the difference. For example: Here's an interpretation: The person FEELS love (or SEES the other as the object of love)? That sounds the same.
Or they see them as mildly attractive, and feel like flirting with them.

Or they see them as a social drinker, and feel like sleeping with them.

Or they see them as dressed in an old-fashioned way, and feel attraction.

Is there a difference between the two, do you think?
Always.

That's why I get snippy in "how do they see me" threads when people talk exclusively about feelings and not about perceptions at all.

For an example of the difference, there's a couple I'm fond of. They're both fat, they're both middle-aged. They love each other dearly.

They both *see* their partner as fat and middle-aged (also, as a bitch, a good earner etc etc) But their *feelings* for each other are devotion, with occasional moments of passion. :)