Most accurate deck you've used?

Winterchild

In the same vein as what others have said, I don't think of decks in terms of accuracy, though there are certain decks with which I tend to have more accurate readings -- because I really relate to / resonate to the images and symbols and art style of those decks.

I get clear readings with these decks, too:

Witches (the new one from Ellen Dugan, which I only just received recently but have already fallen in love with)

A

Annabelle my first reading with the Witches, after not bonding at all... was amazing! I could get to love it!!

VGimlet

Gilded, which is why I use it for clients a lot, aside from the fact that they like that it's colorful and not sooo traditional. For me, it has always been sometimes a little too blunt.

I also feel that it's my connection with a deck which can make the overall reading better. I can get accurate readings with my Unicorn tarot. However I hate reading with it. So, while it may be correct, it's not as enjoyable. And reading should be comfortable for both the client and the reader, IMO.

Carla

I find RWS highly 'resonant' for me. I've been going through a 78 Degrees of Wisdom phase, and find I'm using Rider Tarot (yellow US Games box) and Original Rider Waite a lot. The RWS clone decks I usually love (like Druidcraft) just seem to be missing something in comparison. Funny, isn't it?

CelestialHorse

Heh yeah XD

I do find the Druidcraft cards, but eh I am just going to stick with my UW cards for now. I don't really want tons of cards imo. It's okay though to go through a few different decks to figure out which deck works for you :) Gilded Tarot not really. UW seems to work well with me. Gilded does have pretty art work, I won't deny that.

I love unicorns!

greatdane

The Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative, hands down.

Issai

Accurate?

When I said "accurate," I meant that some modern decks miss out symbols and representations used in the earliest decks that seemed essential to me back when I was reading regularly. I don't mean to imply that other decks are invalid in some way, just that since I'm coming back after a break of many years, I'm looking for something more traditional--familiar is a better word, maybe.

I started reading in the mid-60s. I lived in a small and very rural town, and the only access I had to tarot books and decks was at the local head shop! It had the old University Books edition of "Pictorial Key" and the 1JJ and Marseilles decks. I didn't get a RWS deck until I moved to LA for school and never clicked with it for reading, although I found it helpful for study. I liked the 1JJ deck best, except for the representation of the Hanged Man: he had his eyes closed, his head on the ground as though his neck had been broken, and his leg (right behind left) didn't cross. It was a design or printing error--his leg simply stopped at the point where it went behind the knee, so his right lower leg was completely missing! The trouble with the Marseilles deck was that it was badly printed, so I made the best of what I had, namely 1JJ.

I stopped reading for many years and am just now exploring the possibilities again. Tarot has always been more a tool for meditation and spiritual guidance for me than anything else. So far, I've found resonance (thanks for that word--it's better than my "accuracy") with Sharman-Caselli, Nigel Jackson, the Tarot of Lombardy, and the Golden Klimt. The latter isn't a traditional deck, but I'm half Viennese and lived there for many years, so the images speak to me strongly. Not sure I'd use it for reading for others, though. Too much emotion.

Anyway, thank you all for your suggestions. I will check them out. I look forward to being a member of this community!

Enlightenment23

I know what the OP means by "accurate," but maybe straightforward is the best way to describe it.

Call me crazy, but I am starting to believe that some decks have a personality. I have my Book of Shadows II deck, which I feel gives me answers in a roundabout way. Like, for example, sometimes it simply mirrors how I am feeling about a problem, or giving me advice about the situation, rather than giving my the sharp, pointed answer I was seeking.

My RW deck is the same.

But my Bright Idea deck doesn't pussyfoot around. I ask a question, and it never fails to give me a straightforward answer - ever.

Gwynydd

The Motherpeace, Aquarian and Morgan Greer

Nemia

The Thoth always gives me very clear readings - I connect to its symbols very deeply which makes it easy to understand for me. I'm a bit surprised nobody mentioned it yet, it's such a clear cut case for me :)

Silhouettes also has a knack of precise messages. I find Housewives, Dreaming Way, Morgan Greer and Anna K. all quite clear and easy to read.

But whenever I need to hear the brutal truth, I take out my trusted good old Thoth, my first deck and all time favorite, the deck that taught me tarot and a number of things besides.

JadePixie

I've had my most on point readings with Circo, Old Path, tarot of the Hidden Realm and Anna K :)