Gay Tarot Study Group?

Elentir

Welcome to the 78th Fool! By all means, jump right in! :)

The film I was thinking about was one I actually just watched the other day "Forgive and Forget." I can't recommend it, unfortunately, although the acting was excellent. The plot was slow, which I usually don't mind, but the last scene of the film made me want to smash my television. So watch at your own risk. Interestingly, in this film the roles are a little switched: a closeted gay man has a hetero best friend (or mate, as they say in England!); the het friend moves in with his girlfriend, and the gay man starts looking for ways to sabotage it (although it remains mostly unconscious; he's not a malicious schemer).

Your comments on the Devil and a couple secluding themselves from others would be apt, I think, from the perspective of "obsession;" although I guess I usually think of the Devil as far more sinister and dangerous.

Why don't you go ahead and post Judgment, since Lee has mentioned it already. And/or the Fool?

Shade

Is there enough gay tarot activity to warrant its own study group forum? It seems like almost all of the threads ion the general forum are about the gay tarot... or is that more trouble than it's worth?

telcontar

It is already in progress :)

Lee

At first I wasn't going to post this because it seems so self-promotional, but finally I decided, this is my 15 minutes of fame and I'm going to enjoy it! :)

The latest update of the Tarot Passages site has three reviews of the Gay Tarot plus a sample reading by me:

http://www.tarotpassages.com/

-- Lee

Shade

The deck is really going over very well with the ladies isn't it?

I found the three of wands very very intriguing. Was the reviewer right in her interpretation of the ghostly images on that card?

Lee

Interestingly, one reviewer had one interpretation of what was going on, and another reviewer had a completely different interpretation. If someone wants to start a thread for the Three of Wands, it would be interesting to discuss this.

The next update of Tarot Passages in a few weeks will include a review of the Gay Tarot by Mark McElroy, so we'll get a man's perspective.

-- Lee

The 78th Fool

Shade said:
The deck is really going over very well with the ladies isn't it?

I have to say that on one level I find this really perplexing (albeit encouraging all the same). Being totally honest , I couldn't reciprocate such enthusiasm with regards to decks like the Motherpeace or the Daughters of the Moon. Maybe the Ladies would like to jump in here and share some more of their comments regarding the deck - I for one certainly misjudged the target audience.

Chris. xx

Shade

Quite a lot of straight women I know are into the gay scene. My friends have told me a number of times they prefer gay clubs to straight clubs when they are looking to enjoy themselves.

Little Baron

I was going to ask whether anyone minded my jumping in and posting as I received this deck today ... I have just been reading through the threads and posted a few comments, so I hope thats alright.

Best wishes

Yaboot

Flavio

Finally!

The wait is over for me! I received yesterday the Gay Tarot from Tarot Garden by mail! :D I'm happy and eager to join to study group! congratulations Lee, the deck is great and I feel like loving it already.

I'm relative new to Tarot so when I first knew about your deck months ago I though it would help me to make a definitive break into Tarot, now months later I know the knowledge I've already gathered will be enriched by your deck in a very special way.

Last night I spend some time just watching the cards and reading the LWB, I liked the deck as a whole. The Justice card touched me in a shocking and unexpected way, the 10 of Cups (one of my favorite cards in the RWS) is beautiful, this weekend will pick up all the cards related to the Emperor to see how that show was developed :)