8 of cups for what you need in a relationship

Pao

Hello all!

So how do you see this card for what you need. In a relationship?

I see it as needing something to fulfill you, something more than you were previously offered by past partners and something more that what you had. It's like when your boyfriend is very rich and he buys you everything that you've always wanted but he's never physically or emotionally there for you and you lack that in a relationship so the next relationship has to fulfill what you were lacking in your previous one .

Still I feel like there's more to it and I'm missing some other aspects of the card.

Thoughts?

rwcarter

What you need in general in your relationships or what you need from a specific relationship?

ana luisa

Hi Pao !!!! So nice to see you back here !!! :)
As to your question, I think it depends. If you are already in a relationship and it is working, it means you have to be able to set a ME time whenever you need and do your thing. You need to be able to feel free to step aside for a while if need be and not have to excuse yourself for doing it.
Now, if you're "looking" for a relationship, it means you have been barking at the wrong tree cause all the cups look similar and they haven't brought you happiness. Try different venues and experience new frames of mind.
Once, I read this card as a person who refused to bleong to a group that had formed because and around her and her partner. A net too tight that made her feel like she had to please both sides (his friends and her friends).

Pao

What you need in general in your relationships or what you need from a specific relationship?

In general yes like what you need to have in a relationship. Like for example I always need the guy to be my best friend no matter who the guy is that's what I need in my romantic relationships otherwise it wont work (probably why I'm still single! Lol)

Pao

Hi Pao !!!! So nice to see you back here !!! :)
As to your question, I think it depends. If you are already in a relationship and it is working, it means you have to be able to set a ME time whenever you need and do your thing. You need to be able to feel free to step aside for a while if need be and not have to excuse yourself for doing it.
Now, if you're "looking" for a relationship, it means you have been barking at the wrong tree cause all the cups look similar and they haven't brought you happiness. Try different venues and experience new frames of mind.
Once, I read this card as a person who refused to bleong to a group that had formed because and around her and her partner. A net too tight that made her feel like she had to please both sides (his friends and her friends).

Oi Ana Luisa! Tudo bem com vc? I'm trying to get back to it. I missed reading! Yes, I agree about barking up the wrong tree. I can definitely see needing something different that what you had. That's interesting about the circle of friends one!

gregory

I'd maybe add that there is something missing in it that's draining you; that you need to manage to fill that need elsewhere. In a way - not to try to get EVERYTHING from one relationship. To be able to have - if you like - a life of your own outside it, as well as a relationship.

rwcarter

I'd say that in your relationships in general, you need to be able to walk away from the relationship. Not that you would, but being willing to walk away from it if it's not working gives you a different mindset within the relationship than wanting to stay and work it out regardless does. Being willing to walk away gives you a position of strength where staying no matter what gives you a position of weakness.

Does that make sense?

Rodney

starrystarrynight

Maybe you feel there has to be something that your partner possesses, which you don't, that you need to fulfill your own Self. In other words, your partner has to "complete you" in some way. It could be different things with different partners.

nisaba

Hello all!

So how do you see this card for what you need. In a relationship?

You need your own space. You need time alone.

Or you need to break with the past or have them break with the past.

Or, probably more pertinently: you need to learn how to feel happy and fulfilled on your own before starting any relationship.

Pao

I'd maybe add that there is something missing in it that's draining you; that you need to manage to fill that need elsewhere. In a way - not to try to get EVERYTHING from one relationship. To be able to have - if you like - a life of your own outside it, as well as a relationship.

Ah yes, that makes sense! Some people become so consumed by their relationship and forget their friends, family and life outside of their partner.