Ten of swords and Ace of cups

lob

As part of a larger reading, and in reference to the question: what does person A have to do with Persons B and C's relationship? the ten of swords and ace of cups came up.

Person A was a confidant for B. A listened tirelessly to B about her relationship with C. B and C are at the start of a relationship. All 3 are friends.

The obvious meaning might be that A is stabbing either B or C in the back, and has romantic feelings towards one of them. However, A has a boyfriend. She may be bi, so she could have feelings for either B or C.

The other interpretation might be that she is mentally exhausted from hearing about B talk about C, with the 10 of swords. And is feeling stressed emotionally, as seen by ace of cups.

Any thoughts on this?

barefootlife

It kinda depends on the rest of the reading, honestly. But I might see it as A being tired of the melodrama and having had it 'up to here'--their cup is full to the brim.

lob

Thank you, barefootlife, that's a great way of putting it! It does fit and seems more likely.

jenster

A seems to see the budding romance as well as the unnecessary and perhaps theatrical drama.

Using what you said to interpret the cards A is probably (far) more mature than either B or C and I see nothing to indicate A might have feelings for anyone. The drama is likely caused by B and C's excessive discussing of their relationship with people outside of it (A) as well as considering A, whom they relied on for advice, suspect of having feelings for either one of them.

lob

A seems to see the budding romance as well as the unnecessary and perhaps theatrical drama.

Using what you said to interpret the cards A is probably (far) more mature than either B or C and I see nothing to indicate A might have feelings for anyone. The drama is likely caused by B and C's excessive discussing of their relationship with people outside of it (A) as well as considering A, whom they relied on for advice, suspect of having feelings for either one of them.

Interesting, I like it! So ace of cups would indicate the new romance of B and C. And because A is the middle person, the "go to" for advice and questions, she has had it with the drama. Because although B and C's relationship is new, it has been like a roller coaster of emotions and drama.

jenster

Interesting, I like it! So ace of cups would indicate the new romance of B and C. And because A is the middle person, the "go to" for advice and questions, she has had it with the drama. Because although B and C's relationship is new, it has been like a roller coaster of emotions and drama.

Could be, but I don't see the Ace of Cups as emotional stress, it doesn't make sense to me. It isn't just a stretch or adaptation of the card's meaning but a total alteration.

lob

Could be, but I don't see the Ace of Cups as emotional stress, it doesn't make sense to me. It isn't just a stretch or adaptation of the card's meaning but a total alteration.

How do you see the Ace of Cups in this? Initially, you said that you didn't think that A had feelings for either B or C.

jenster

How do you see the Ace of Cups in this? Initially, you said that you didn't think that A had feelings for either B or C.

I already told you.

"A seems to see the budding romance as well as the unnecessary and perhaps theatrical drama."

lob

I already told you.

"A seems to see the budding romance as well as the unnecessary and perhaps theatrical drama."

Oooh ok, right, thanks!