Got My Scissors Out Again - this time, the THOTH gets it!

mercenary30

So now you have all these little pieces of tarot lying all over the table....what do you do with them? :confused:

Aren't they still tarot? Do you think it is fine to just throw them in the trash like scrap? :(

What ritual would be suitable for the proper disposal that would show the appropriate dignity and respect?

Gardener

remnants

the blank borders were just a cage for the images, they are trash. The keywords I keep for journals and writing exercises. After I finish the cards, I trim the corners of the keywords so they look pretty too.

Little Baron

I always look at the magic of the tarot to be within the reader, and not the peices of card. The cards, for me, are a way of expanding the mind, and removing the borders is one way to enable me to do this a little better.

I appreciate your points Mercenary; if you can think of any ways that might fit as a goodbye ritual, I would be interested. Otherwise, I don't have any problem with them being in my wastebin.

Yaboot

Attachments

• thoth.bmp
    194.6 KB · Views: 954

Jewel-ry

Hi there Yaboot,

I wholeheartedly agree, so much better!

Colours jump out again, don't they?

~

mercenary30

Yaboot001 said:
I appreciate your points Mercenary; if you can think of any ways that might fit as a goodbye ritual, I would be interested. Otherwise, I don't have any problem with them being in my wastebin.

Yaboot

I think you should cut them all in to much smaller pieces, and then put them in a bag and use them for confetti the next time you go to a parade!!! :D

Or grind them up into powder and tell everyone it is dark fairy dust.......

Little Baron

I like the confetti idea. I am going to a wedding next year! Then again, not sure I want to be showering the bride with words like 'ruin', 'cruelty' and 'sorrow', hahaha.

Maybe I will shred and burry them.

Yaboot

contrascarpe

mercenary30 said:
I think you should cut them all in to much smaller pieces, and then put them in a bag and use them for confetti the next time you go to a parade!!! :D

Or grind them up into powder and tell everyone it is dark fairy dust.......

I'm going to make Gardener use them to make little tarot jewelry to hand out to our handfast guests, hehe.

Dan

Anna

Eek!!! I have a small Thoth. I have siccors. I have a corner cutting device.

I even have a wedding to go to soon, and would delight in showering the bride and groom in keyword confetti!

I want to naughtify my Thoth :D

Eek!!!

Little Baron

Hey Pixie

Mine is definitely looking naughtier. The decider was deffinitely the 'Moon'. That one did absolutely nothin for me before, but now it feels like it has so much morev energy.

I can't believe how small the deck is now. It wasn't that big in the first place. Now, the LWB has become the Big White Book, since it is larger than the cards, hehehe.

Yaboot

Anna

Well....I have been lusting after a pocket sized Grimaud...and a pocket sized Thoth would be a lovely deck to carry around while I save my money...and they look fabulous, and so much more "alive".....

Ok, if I still feel like this in 24 hours time, my Thoth gets it too! (How's that for restraint? :D)