Sabian Symbols: Finding Elsie Wheeler

Lynda

The Bride With Her Veil Snatched Away

As we know, Elsie Wheeler was born September 3 - the Sabian Symbol for her Sun being Virgo 12: The Bride With Her Veil Snatched Away... she never married, being confined to a wheelchair her entire life... but she was a 'bride' nonethless, it seems she was a bride to spirit...

"If anyone becomes a child of the bridal chamber, he will receive the Light. If anyone does not receive it while he is here, he will not be able to receive it in the other place. He who will receive that Light will not be seen, nor can he be detained. And none shall be able to torment a person like this, even while he dwells in the world. And again when he leaves the world, he has already received the truth in the images. The world has become the Aeon (eternal realm), for the Aeon is fullness for him. This is the way it is: it is revealed to him alone, not hidden in the darkness and the night, but hidden in a perfect day and a holy Light."

(The Gospel According to Philip, James M. Robinson, ed., The Nag Hammadi Library In English, revised edition. Harper Collins, San Francisco, 1990)

When I read this passage, I was so struck by how Elsie fulfilled this criteria... she "received the truth in the images" that became the Sabian Symbols... she lived in the world but not of it, and she is hard to find... God knows I've searched for her... she still has her veil firmly in place, but I've seen where she was for so many years... I've recently driven through southern Illinois to where she was born (Norris City) and to McLeansboro, where her family lived for many years. I also visited the site of the old Bethesda Hospital and Home For the Incurables, where she lived for more than 20 years (this before she gave birth to the Sabian Symbols in 1925).

It was an amazing journey for me in 2005 - it must have been a very amazing journey for Elsie in the 1920's!

Greetings from Sydney, Australia
Lynda

Elven

Lynda said:
"If anyone becomes a child of the bridal chamber, he will receive the Light. If anyone does not receive it while he is here, he will not be able to receive it in the other place. He who will receive that Light will not be seen, nor can he be detained. And none shall be able to torment a person like this, even while he dwells in the world. And again when he leaves the world, he has already received the truth in the images. The world has become the Aeon (eternal realm), for the Aeon is fullness for him. This is the way it is: it is revealed to him alone, not hidden in the darkness and the night, but hidden in a perfect day and a holy Light."

(The Gospel According to Philip, James M. Robinson, ed., The Nag Hammadi Library In English, revised edition. Harper Collins, San Francisco, 1990)

Yeah!! Your back!! How are you? What an phenomenal trip you've had!!

You have come across some of the most amazing information Lynda!! :D

Just a question though ... is there an explaination of what the bridal chamber is? Im not sure I understand it completely.

Lynda said:
And again when he leaves the world, he has already received the truth in the images.
Elsie certainly had this ability! I find it extraordinary that the meanings of the Symbols illustrate what Elsie saw so vividly, so relevantly. You too Lynda, have this ability.
The Symbols are still making me gasp!!

Glad your back Lynda!! Safe and well. Maybe when you have time could you tell us what happened at the Conference! We'd love to hear - maybe a new thread or something - when you've got time.

Thanks for the information :)

Many Blessings
Elven x

Lynda

Bridal chamber?

Hi Elven
I believe that the Bridal Chamber is about making a commitment to God... I could be wrong and would love to hear if anyone has any ideas about this, but that's the picture in my mind...

I'll get back to you about the conference, et al, later! I have jet lag and the flu, so it's a bit hard concentrating.

Greetings from Sydney
Lynda

Lynda

Bridal Chamber

Hi Elven

I did a Google search and found this webpage:

http://sric-canada.org/light.html

Here's an excerpt: "To me, this passage sounds like many others in the mystical tradition speaking to the reality of inner visions of Light. The Jewish and Christian forms of gnosis believed that God is a God of Light, and that Children of the Light are destined to reconnect with this divine or heavenly Light again. I know of many Gnostic, Sufi, and Christian mystics who describe reaching a level in contemplative prayer where the Divine Light becomes
visible to them. They conceive of the soul as being the "bride," and God as being the "Bridegroom." When the two become one in the bridal chamber of mystical union, the Light appears, then soul and oversoul are truly one in the Mystery of Light."

Check it out, very interesting stuff!

Greetings from Avalon
Lynda

Elven

Hi Lynda!! :)

Thanks for the website - soooo interesting. The reference to the veil also reminds me of the High Priestess - La Papess. It took me many years before one day suddenly realizing that there was another magical piece of scenery behind the High Priestess - beyond the veil. When the veil is removed it is only then possible to see what is beyond. This is where Elsie reminds me then of the High Priestess, and her Symbol.

http://sric-canada.org/light.html
Light In The Bridal Chamber

V.W. Frater William J. Morris said:
The Gnostics who wrote and studied the books of the Nag Hammadi Library very much saw heaven as a present tense reality for the mystic-the veil between "this life" and "the next life" was much thinner in their view than it is today in conventional Christianity of the West where that veil seems to be almost completely impenetrable, made of concrete. Not so for the ancients however, who thought that it was possible for living human beings to see God, see visions of Light, converse with angels, and travel in spirit to the heavenly realms while alive in the human body.

Thankyou Lynda!! :)

Get well soon!! (((((((Lynda))))))) Hope it passes quickly!!

Many Blessings
Elven x