21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- Step THREE

2dogs

21 Ways -- Step Three

Step THREE: Sirian Starseed, Master of Orbs.

Step 3-1) Authority, Confidence, Detachment, Focus, Peace, Vigilance, Clarity, Seriousness, Judgement, Wondering, Questioning.

Step 3-2) Up here in the fresh air and clear light I am free from distractions and trivial concerns; able to concentrate and see the big picture. Having had a proper look at this sword I am wondering just how good it really is and an idea of what I might be able to use it for is just beginning to dawn on me. Perhaps I should examine it more closely.

Step 3-3) This seems to describe a generalised state of examining new ideas and realising their possibilities, for example when after analysing a Tarot reading for some time it suddenly dawns on me what some of the things in the cards could mean and that then leads on to an idea of how they could all fit together.

TRIANGLE

Motherpeace deck, High Priestess

Step 3, part one

The setting seems dark and almost buzzing with energy. Pulsing with energy. The woman has an intense calm about her. She looks as though she has been sitting there for a while, as though she might be waiting or as though something is already happening and I am intruding in the middle of a ritual. There is a night time energy. Everything is very vivid. There is something very serious about this card, weighty. It seems that the stones behind her are serving an important purpose, perhaps they are emitting or controlling some of the powerful energy in this card. The woman seems welcoming, although I am not sure if her welcoming stance is for me, or if it is meant for someone else.

Onion Budgie

21 Ways: Step Three

Step THREE: Radiant Rider-Waite, Six of Cups

Step 3-1) The young boy is full of good-will and fond feelings towards his companion, who seems very likely to be a close and elder relative. He wishes to help her with her gardening, and he hopes he will not drop the cup that he is holding out towards her – it is a little awkward to hold steady. He would hate to upset her, to ruin her planting. He hopes that the flowers will live for a long time. He wonders why the guard chose to look at them so strangely as he passed by a moment ago. Perhaps the guard would like a flower, to take home to give his wife? The boy wonders if his relative would mind sparing one of her lily cups. She would still have five others, after all, and it would be sure to please the guard.

Step 3-2) These cups are heavy! I have been helping my family with the planting today, and now we have six lovely cups of lilies. I like to help my mother. I am strong, and very soon, one day, I shall be even stronger and will be able to help out more. If I had some money, I would buy other bulbs for mother and they would be different colours. Reds and purples! They are my mother's favourite colours. The guard who just walked by us is not in a good mood – I heard him muttering that his feet were sore. I'd like to cheer him up! Could mother spare one of her lilies? The guard's wife would be sure to like it. I like to see people smile.

Step 3-3) I can remember as a young child at school, sharing my break-time crisps and sweets with friends who had nothing of their own to eat. I would give the entire bag away to just one kid, sometimes, to make them happy. Occasionally, one or two of the little monkeys would decide to take advantage of this and would then be hovering at my elbow every break-time, waiting for a hand-out! I remember others' generosity too; of friends sharing their favourite snacks, and of all the little kindnesses between a bunch of boisterous eight and nine year olds.

america220

Step Three: Rider Tarot, Chariot

The man seems to welcome his coming adventure. The sphinxes look unconcerned, and close to bored.

I am ready for my adventure, and confident in my spear and my armor. The sphinxes look tired, but not afraid or concerned. I am proud of them.

In February this year, I started a second job doing something I've never done before; cooking. The managers and all my coworkers were men, but I held my ground and proved I was able to do my job. I am still working there, and every day I strive to be the best.

Hooked on TdM

21 Ways to Read Tarot
Step Three
Apprentice
Reine DeDenier

1. She sits calmly and poised towards the edge of her chair. She has a slight smile as if to say that she sees what others do not. Her eye suggests she is weary from all the lines around it. She is wide eyed and well aware of what she’s actually looking at and holding up. She holds up the coin as if to say see what treasures are before us! She holds the coin with reverence. Her sceptre she holds firmly yet casually. She is comfortable with her station and position.

2. I sit calmly and poised towards the edge of my chair. I have a slight smile as if to say that I see what others do not. My eye suggests I am weary from all the lines around it. I am wide eyed and well aware of what I’m actually looking at and holding up. I hold up the coin as if to say see what treasures are before us! I hold the coin with reverence. I hold my sceptre firmly yet casually. I am comfortable with my station and position.

3. Recently I did mini tarot readings for my friend who just needed a few messages. This could describe me exactly! I was comfortable with being the one teaching with tarot and passing on the messages. I even held up my deck for her to look at!

Lumi

STEP THREE: Hanged Man Rider-Waite Deck

There is nothing overly emotional about this card. A man is hanging from a cross that seems to be made of a living tree. His clothes are clean and not tattered, his expression is matter-of-fact...he looks directly at the viewer. Around his head is an aura of light, which suggest insight or thinking. He is not in pain, he does not struggle. He seems amused at his predicament...maybe even enjoying it.

I am hanging from a cross by one leg. I still look pretty good though...I think I look pretty poised for someone trapped. This isn't too bad at all. So I give up my freedom for awhile? Do you have a problem with that? I'm enjoying my new perspective on life...maybe you should try it rather than judging me for being lazy or not trying to get myself into a better position. Maybe I feel a little bit guilty, but I needed a rest. I'll come down when I'm ready...when I've seen enough, rested enough. But not before then unless someone cuts me down or lets me go and frankly that's no time soon because no one is around who wants to do that.

Reminds me a bit of a time when I was working for a boyfriend. We had lived together for years and I had always worked for him in one capacity or another. I asked many times for an actual check but he refused and said it was cheaper on him not to do that and to just let me use a credit card for the things I needed. But...that kept me trapped. I allowed it, because it was easier for me to be trapped than to face having to go out into the world each day and smile and be whatever. I was content for a long time. Until I wanted to leave finally. To break free, stand up and grow up and be in charge of my own life. Then guess what? I had no money and no references. Lol!!!! That was 9 years ago. OMG it was a horrible shot of reality! A big nasty pill I had to swallow. :)

Hooked on TdM

Tarot of the Cat People
8 of Cups
August 18, 2014

1. The landscape is bleak with its shades of brown. It’s an empty space except for the dunes which are being stepped on. The man seems to have regrets and seems unsure about moving forward. His shoulders are hunched and rounded and his hand seems to want to grasp the remaining upright cup that he stares at with contemplation. The cat seems to move forward slowly and its ears are tipped forward as if nothing matters now but what is in front of its feet and where its next step will be. The cups are empty and tossed about carelessly. Leaving the feeling of dismissal and abandonment.

2. The landscape is bleak with its shades of brown. It’s an empty space except for the dunes which are being stepped on. I seem to have regrets and seem unsure about moving forward. My shoulders are hunched and rounded and my hand seems to want to grasp the remaining upright cup that I stare at with contemplation. The cat seems to move forward slowly and its ears are tipped forward as if nothing matters now but what is in front of its feet and where its next step will be. The cups are empty and tossed about carelessly. Leaving the feeling of dismissal and abandonment.

3. This is a good description of my decision to leave my ex. I really felt that I had been dismissed and abandoned emotionally. I was also unsure if walking away at that point was leaving before I had tried everything to repair it. However my environment was feeling like a barren wasteland. I did choose to walk away and move forward in my life despite that slim hope that was left.

DarkYarns

21 Ways: Step Three

Step Three: Illuminated Tarot, Eight of Cups

3-1: disappointed, dejected, determined, dissatisfied, regretful, resolute, sad, scornful, sorrowful.

3-2: I am really unsure how to read this. I think there are two ways:
3-2-1: I am walking on green grass by the side of a lake. I am walking away from eight cups on the other side of the river. I've come a long way to find the cups, but I don't want to cross the river to reach them. I am disgusted and I've given up. The cups aren't what I thought they would be, so I'm turning back the way I came. I'm sad that I've wasted so much time for something so disappointing. I'm disappointed, but I'm done- I'm walking away without hesitation even though I know the road ahead will be difficult. There is no easy path forward. A lake is to my lift and a huge mountain towers in the distance before me. There is gap between the mountains ahead, and that is where I am to go. I am determined to get where I'm going. I don't know what lies to the right of me - it looks like that way might be an easier path, but it's not where I'm headed. A full moon hangs above in the dark sky. Even though I am disappointed, everything is not black. The moon is beautiful and peaceful and provides illumination so I won't stumble on the difficult path ahead. I'm determined to get where I am going.
3-2-1: I am leaving the eight cups in the foreground. They have been my lot for a long time, and some of them hold good things, but some of them are dark and poisonous, and I'm willing to give some of them up in order to be away from the bitter ones. The gap in the top row of cups means that I've taken the cup that holds the best things for me, but one cup is all I can take with me. I've crossed a river and I have a difficult path ahead of me. I aim for the gap in the mountains ahead of me - that's where I think I need to go. I will have to follow the lake then cross a strip of land to avoid the impassable mountain ahead and reach the more even ground on the other side of the river. There is light there, and it's where I'm headed. I'm disappointed, but I'm determined to reach my destination, even if I'm uncertain of what awaits me there. The moon overhead lights my way. Although the landscape is dark, the moon is bright, and I can see well enough to avoid any pitfalls. I take some satisfaction in knowing that I've taken the best cup with me.

3-3: The Eight of Cups has a lot to say about my current situation, and that's probably why I found it intriguing. I'm in the process of leaving a job that I've had for the past seven years. There are aspects of my job that I love, but I feel that the atmosphere of the office is so toxic because of a couple of coworkers that it is unbearable to be there. I'm leaving to take the same position in a different place, with better people. I am giving up familiarity and some really good things (clients that I love, great benefits, familiarity), but I'm taking the best thing with me (the missing cup) - knowledge. I will still be part of the same professional community, but in much better company. I'll have to drive much farther to get to work (difficulty of the path ahead), but I know that the atmosphere will be a lot better (light illuminating my destination). I'm disappointed and angry because after waiting for seven years in the same position, there was finally a hope of advancement, but it wasn't an opportunity that I could have (obviously partly because of me, but also because of the toxic work atmosphere). I take some selfish satisfaction in knowing that my current office will be losing someone with a lot of knowledge and that it will be difficult to fill the gap that I leave (the missing cup / the figure in the gap. So basically, I'm leaving a really rough situation for something better, and I know that the leaving is partially my fault and not really even necessary, but I feel that it's what I need to do right now.

pandap

21 Ways Step 3 Rider Waite

My environment seems desolate. There's nothing around me that stimulates, nothing with much life. Everything is still and quiet. Even the leaves on the branches that suspend me have no movement. Everything seems to be in a state of suspension, almost stagnated.

I am devoid of much emotion. I am just hanging from this tree upside down, feeling somewhat uncomfortable but not enough to extricate myself from this unpleasant position. I am playing a waiting game, waiting for something to get me out of this position I have found myself in. I can't be bothered to do anything about it myself. It's easier to just put up with it.

A few years ago I worked in a job that I didn't really like. I felt stuck and stagnant and longed for something better. I was aware of how much I hated being in this job and how unhappy it made me, but I couldn't be bothered to actually do something about changing it. I just put up with it for years and years until finally an outside influence forced me to leave.

acidrica

Step 3: Tarot of the Silicon Dawn, Five of Wands

There is a feeling of foreboding, mainly due to the volcano behind the figures in the foreground. The working figure seems determined, while the resting on seems a bit more worried about the volcano. The working figure seems slightly irritated as well. The sky is dark, something bad is coming.

I refuse to work like this. My companion seems just happy to work this cracked ground, but not me. Don't they see the smoke!? Even the ground cracks beneath our feet and still they expect us to work. I think my companion might be irritated with me, but I don't care. Bad things are on the horizon.

I could almost say ' my life' and technically be answering the question. For the last few days I've felt unreal. They call this depersonalization. For four days I've had to watch as this feeling began to overtake me. Some people, once this feeling starts, become stuck in it forever. That's how I've felt, like I'm watching the impending destruction of my sense of self and doing nothing about it. I eventually remembered to take my Ritalin, which has helped a bit.