Every Day Oracle by Lo Scarabeo

Abrac

I took a chance and ordered this deck and it came today. It's one of Lo Scarabeo's new releases. I'm really impressed with it. It looks like a reproduction of an old deck though I'm not sure if it really is. It is heavily-pixilated and looks like stone lithography. Does anyone else have this one yet and how do you like it?

Here are a couple of pictures. They are big files. I made them big so you could get a good look. :)

Every Day Oracle (1.52mb)
Every Day Oracle (1.95mb)

WolfyJames

This deck is an italian sibilla, a reproduction of an old deck, made in the 19th century called La Vera Sibilla. It's not a new deck at all, LS has been publishing it for years in Europe along with the Sibilla Della Zingara, another reproduction of a 19th century deck; both are very very hard to get in America (I had to order the Sibilla della Zingara through Tarot Garden and waited for almost a year before getting it). They might have renamed La Vera Sibilla Every Day Oracle for the american market. I own a few italian and french sibillas, like the Sibilla Della Zingara, the I Misteri della Sibilla, La Magica della Sibilla and the Sibilla Oracle Cards - Parlour Sibyl (french sibilla) published as well by LS, another reproduction of a french 19th century sibilla. Of what I've been able to understand, the French came up first with LeNormand decks and sibillas (Sibilla Oracle Cards - Parlour Sibyl) and Italians made their own sibillas afterwards with the La Vera Sibilla and the Sibilla Della Zingara. The other decks are modern renditions of italians sibillas.

I don't have La Vera Sibilla. I wanted a reproduction of an old sibilla and since I prefer the Sibilla della Zingara over the La Vera Sibilla this is the one I got. I use mostly I Misteri della Sibilla because I love the touching art and also because the landscapes kind of look like Italy (I've never been there but I've seen italian movies and photos, etc.) and also because the characters are regular people easy to relate too, the way they are dressed and their houses make me think of Italy too. I have as well La Magica della Sibilla and while it is quite pretty it looks too British for an italian deck and the people in it are rich and spoiled people and I don't relate to them at all.

I just uploaded the whole I Misteri della Sibilla deck:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v467/wolfyjames/decks/imisteridellasibilla/

Abrac

Thanks for all the links Wolfy. I can see there is quite a number of variations on this one. I had seen the Vera Sibilla at the link you posted, but I think I like this LS version better.

By the way, do you happen to know what the numbers at the bottom are supposed to represent? I see they are also on the Misteri della Sibilla deck.

WolfyJames

Abrac said:
By the way, do you happen to know what the numbers at the bottom are supposed to represent? I see they are also on the Misteri della Sibilla deck.

It's possible these numbers were used for lottery.

lunakasha

WolfyJames said:

Wolfy....those cards are absolutely stunning, wow!!!

I had never even heard of them before, and thanks to you and this thread.....I have managed to track them down (and much more quickly than expected, LOL!). })

I have been taking more of an interest in oracle decks lately, and this one was just too lovely to pass up....I also love the Every Day Oracle. It does remind me of a much older, classic deck. Very interesting!

I wonder how these decks are to read with....I have some limited experience with Lenormand decks, but not Sibillas.

:) Luna

WolfyJames

lunakasha said:
Wolfy....those cards are absolutely stunning, wow!!!

I had never even heard of them before, and thanks to you and this thread.....I have managed to track them down (and much more quickly than expected, LOL!). })

I wonder how these decks are to read with....I have some limited experience with Lenormand decks, but not Sibillas.

Thanks for the compliment! I found all my italian sibillas from Tarot Garden, bought the french one at a store here though.

Sibillas are an evolved form of cartomancy. Sibillas are to cartomancy what the RWS is to tarot. On the sibillas, unlike regular playing cards, the meanings are drawed on the cards with keywords as well, so it makes reading with sibillas easier than with a regular playing card deck. There is no need to remember the meanings of the 52 cards. You can as well read intuitively with them like tarot if you're good to read with illustrated pips.

BodhiSeed

lunakasha said:

Hi Luna,
I have the Misteri and Magica Sibillas and LOVE them! I like to use them when I do a tarot reading and draw one for a summary of the reading. I created some keywords to help me interpret the cards in this post:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=83627&highlight=sibilla+keywords

Maybe you'll find them useful too!
Bodhran

lunakasha

Bodhran~

Thank you so much for the link, and for taking the time to list these keywords!

I just came back to this thread....now that I have my first Sibilla (I Misteri della Sibilla) and I am so looking forward to reading with them.

I was feeling a bit lost without the English translation, although the images seem like they would be fairly easy to read intuitively.

I am going to print these out now....THANK YOU!!!

:love: Luna

(And just so you know....this thread has introduced me to a whole new world of irresistable decks....I personally blame WOLFY!!! }) ) LOL!!!

WolfyJames

lunakasha said:
I just came back to this thread....now that I have my first Sibilla (I Misteri della Sibilla) and I am so looking forward to reading with them.

I was feeling a bit lost without the English translation, although the images seem like they would be fairly easy to read intuitively.

I am happy to see that you got your deck so quickly. It is quite lovely isn't it? I really love them. Using them is a piece of cake, compared to regular playing cards, and so intuitive. I forgot to add here last time an italian website with the italian sibillas' meanings, all you need is to use Google and translate it:

http://www.itarocchidigabriella.it/sibille.htm

lunakasha said:
(And just so you know....this thread has introduced me to a whole new world of irresistable decks....I personally blame WOLFY!!! }) ) LOL!!!

My best friend just put on her FaceBook page, and mine: WolfyJames will burn in Hell! So I guess it's official, everyone thinks I'm devilish. ;)

P.S. The best way to resist to temptation is to surrender. - Oscar Wilde (I think)

Edit:

The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation.
Oscar Wilde

BodhiSeed

WolfyJames said:
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation.
Oscar Wilde

LOL! Thanks WolfyJames for that one! I need to show this to my husband when the credit card bill comes next month... })
Luna,
You're very welcome to the keywords - please feel free to change them in any way!

Bodhran