DruidCraft Study Group - King of Cups

coyoteblack

I see the king of cups as a person that attained his position by being friendly and gaining friends he was there buddy and friend

on the bad side he can be taken advantage of and he is most definatley a people pleaser.

i also se him as a jolly old dad but one who broods when he does not get his own way and can take things real personally all in all great dad wsome friend maybe not the best war leader or ceo

Arania

I don't like the King, he seems like a drunkard. He also looks like a sex offender... for the lack of a better description.

The card hasn't come up for me in readings yet, maybe that is part of why.

Disa

I drew this card today as a daily draw and for the life of me I cannot see the message for the day in it.

I do love this king, however. He reminds me of the dad who raised me...Jolly, cheerful, wise but with a sense of love and humor about the way he imparted his wisdom. This is the loving Daddy card to me. Though I agree he does have a firm grip on the left side of his throne, I do not think he rules with an Iron fist, but with love and compassion which does gain the respect and confidence of those around him. He does have internal strength and a menacing stance when he gets up so people know not to cross him.

The way he leans forward and the way his grip is on the chair looks to me as though he is ready to spring into action. I don't see him as a drunkard- I see him as knowing when to act with love and kindness and knowing when those things will not work. That's when he gets up and handles things, but not before...he waits and acts appropriately to the situation when the time is right.

crazy raven

I drew the King of Cups as my day card yesterday. It turned out to be a quiet, reflective day. Doesn't his face resemble the moon? Truly this King knows how to probe the depth of the soul. He possesses a strong intuition and a creative imagination....he feels deeply for people.

I noticed the harp by the King is quiet, its gentle melodies and whispers of angelic songs are quiet at the moment. This is not a time to identify with what's happening around him, for if he did, he'd lose his clarity and focus.

A fish rising from a pond (widening our circle of compassion to embrace nature in Her beauty) makes ripples or concentric circles...they represent ever widening aspects of our experiences, we notice connections, flashes of understanding and moments of clarity that lead to a better sense of who we are and our place in the world. These connections, understandings and perceptions are our insights.

It was a day to remain remain within the tranquility of my being, to let go and allow wisdom to arise effortlessly at every moment.