Marseilles Seekers Thread (Fifth Exercise)

lark

Hi everyone...worked a little on this this morning it was great fun.

7 coins~there is more below the surface than above.
Roy De Baston~is ready to trade his Baton...
5 swords~for the beautiful sword in it's case.

Conclusion....Be aware... someone who seems of one alliance is contemplating a switch to another side, company, idea...ect.

Magician~ I have much to sell you, much to show you.
2 coins~ huge advertising banner.
2 wands~boat oars

Conclusion...If you want your business to be noticed you need to advertise in a big way, that is what helps to propel you forward.

5 wands~ an oil well pumping
Valet Cups~brings his cup to be filled
Valet Wands~turns away concentrates on his wand

**at this point I felt so curious to pull another card...the two Valets had their backs turned to each other...I could see what the Valet Cups was headed for, but what about the Valet Wands???
So pulled...
4 Swords... immediately looked like the enviroment...protection of nature.

Conclusion....Two men, one pulls things from the earth and profits from it... the other tries to replace or protect the earth.

I saw two brothers one working for the family company maybe oil drilling...the other turns from it and becomes an enviromental advocate.
This pits each brother against the other as they strive for different and conflicting things....hence why they have their backs to each other.

EnriqueEnriquez

Satori said:
(Actually, when I began thinking about the sequences as these little 'scenes' I had a flurry of creative activity happening for me. Perhaps I have hit on my own personal way of unlocking the pips?)

Well, Satori, I certainly feel you have your very own particular way of looking at the cards. It isn't that what we all strive for? I would see that as a great accomplishment. My only suggestion would be, on these occasions in which you are working with a client, to keep your metaphors from stretching too much. Otherwise, you may end up loosing the client's attention. In the specific case yo are sharing with us, telling to a person that she has three options will be enough. Stating that she may become a veterinarian may be too stretchy, specially if you are talking about treating lion's teeth!

This is important. I have to thank you for this example, because it always me to point out something: there is a difference between what we see in the cads, and what we say to a client. Looking at the 3 of Wands, La Force, and The Lover, you may see that "She had three choices: become a veterinarian and work on lions with dental issues, become a marriage counselor, or become a pilot and fly newlyweds to their honeymoon vacation spots". Yet you may want to tell your client: "I see so many possibilities here! Your options are limited only by your imagination. If you were to tell me, right now, that you want to become a dentist for lions, I would believe you! Think of what you love most and set about deciding how to get it."

In that case, what you are getting from the cards would be more of an hyperbole than a metaphor. Stated like that, as a "controled exaggeration", what you are seeing can be very effective, because you are genuinely expressing your amazement at the vast range of possibilities you are seeing in the cards, by commenting on how you get "veterinarian" "marriage counselor" and "pilot (or travel agent)". But if you go to far at stretching your imagery, your client might reject what you are saying, because it might sound to far-fetched to her.

Here, for the purpose of all these exercises, we are thinking aloud. In the event of a reading, we need to process a little bit more how do we voice what we see. Sadly, I find very difficult to say how much is too much. You may find yourself in a situation in which "a veterinarian who works on lions with dental issues" hits the nail on the head. My suggestion would always be to trust to what you see in the cards. But IF you feel you have a tendency to go overboard, then working on a more "realistic" approach would be useful.

Best,

EE

Satori

lark, as always your ideas are so great. I love your examples, they sing!

Satori

LOL, thanks EE. I was really just playing, but you know, some of my greatest inspirations come from going way out there, but yes, then tempering the metaphor into doses that enliven rather than asphyxiate the client!

Early in my Tarot reading career I did have several moments where the bizarre and unedited version flew right out of my mouth...but those stories are best served face to face, and maybe with a drink in your hand. In fact, some of them, even my husband has never heard! :bugeyed:

EnriqueEnriquez

lark said:
I saw two brothers one working for the family company maybe oil drilling...the other turns from it and becomes an enviromental advocate.
This pits each brother against the other as they strive for different and conflicting things....hence why they have their backs to each other.

Lark,

You examples are flawless. Very well done!

The closest thing to reading the tarot, IMO, would be playing a musical instrument. We literally make these cards sound! Provided with the same piano, or violin, each one of us will have a particular way to make it sound. There has to be a combination of training, skill, and inspiration to it. The key to originality isn't so much on searching for our own voice, but on being able to recognize our own voice any time it shows up.

I am very happy with the results you are all getting, and happily surprised at the different slants you manifest.

Best,

EE

lark

Satori said:
lark, as always your ideas are so great. I love your examples, they sing!
Thank you dear :love:
This could get very addicting...I can see how fun it would be and what a great learning experience to go through the whole deck on a daily basis making up all these stories with the cards.

I think at first we are seeing general information, and as we enter deeper into the experience of the reading and interacting with the client then the cards start to flesh out...at first they are just the bones of an inkling of where we are going...and then the story starts pouring out.

Once I did do a reading for a lady and I saw that she was a lion tamer (Cat Black's Golden Tarot~ Strength card)......well I hesitated 6 times before I said anything, but I kept getting pulled back over and over to how the lion had it's paw resting on Strength's arm.

I finally blurted out "Do you have anything to do with lions?

And of course she did..she had trained and kept lions and tigers for over 30 years...so never underestimate the power of a lion poping up. ;)

EnriqueEnriquez

Satori said:
LOL, thanks EE. I was really just playing

By all means, keep playing!

This is the space to go crazy and push he limits.

Pushing the limits is a way of finding them. :)

EE

lark

EnriqueEnriquez said:
Lark,

You examples are flawless. Very well done!

The closest thing to reading the tarot, IMO, would be playing a musical instrument. We literally make these cards sound! Provided with the same piano, or violin, each one of us will have a particular way to make it sound. There has to be a combination of training, skill, and inspiration to it. The key to originality isn't so much on searching for our own voice, but on being able to recognize our own voice any time it shows up.

I am very happy with the results you are all getting, and happily surprised at the different slants you manifest.

Best,

EE
Flawless??? holy cow...and I came here ready to sell all my TdM decks and give up on the whole idea of reading with them...I have to say I can really not "thank you" enough for doing this six week study it has been more than eye opening for me.

I actually did a reading for a client with my Noblet and it was so easy and smooth and no one was more surprised than me....at one point in the reading I got the 10 of Cups next to the Emperor...and the Ten Cups looked like a bed with a pillow and the Emperor's red crossed knee stood out like a stop sign so I asked if anyone was having knee trouble or surgery and would be hospitalized or bed ridden?

It was his father and he was very worried he would not recover properly!!!!
I was so surprised!
The next card was the 4 of coins and it looked like a wheel chair to me...and that is where he is now....recovering very, very slowly and using a wheelchair.

stella01904

Fifth Exercise

Here are a few, I hope to edit in more as the week goes on.

VIIII DENIERS......VI BATON.......CHEVALIER DESPEE
The flowers..........are cut...........making the sword a redundancy.

Or: "Don't send a swordsman to do a gardener's job." :D Do little or nothing. Things will work out on their own. Relax and read Lao Tzu. Very Tao.

VII COUPE...............LESTOILLE..........................IIII DENIERS
All the wine..............is poured on the ground.........creating balance & harmony.

These cards urge generosity and letting go. Donate money, give things away, make ritual offerings. Could also be an almost literal warning to maintain sobriety at an upcoming gathering, in order to avoid fighting!

FORCE............LE IVGEMENT.........LA LVNE
Prying open......a coffiin................to find pond water.

Digging into old secrets won't get you any information that couldn't be found out in the open.

I like these! They have a little bit of an I Ching feel. :)

Bernice

I like them too :)

Bee