3 cards a day...

le_charior

So my first thought was - damn! this totally works as a "regular" reading... maybe the Tarocco di Bologna is not the right motivational deck, it's too kind and nice... So as a reading - batons, it's about work - 6 batons - they're stuck, in the middle, they block each other - stagnation. valet - comes with his one baton to deblock the situation, get it moving. not forcing it, he holds his baton lightly, but he is resolutely looking at the world. Le Monde: very tired animals on the bottom, lying there passively, sleeping (me right now) - transformed to very active wings flapping figures on the top (me after i hand in my tax declaration). Figure in the middle has raised his baton by now, so he became active.

BUT I KNEW ALL THIS ALREADY BEFORE, thanks, Tarot! I don't want advice, i want a kick in the butt to get me going!

So in comes the Flornoy Dodal with the same cards:

6210558739_949291c52b_z.jpg

And, what can I say, much better!
6 Batons: "FLOWERS! If you finish it before your trip to Berlin on thursday, I will buy you nice flowers! You like flowers, right? Well, no clean desk and tax declaration done - no flowers!" (Presents as gratification for yourself, works sometimes!)

Valet and the Monde-figure seem to be looking at each other, rolling their eyes, making fun of me.
Monde: "Oh he is whining again about not getting things done... I'm sure he will NEVER get his ass moving and do these things..."
Valet: "Yeah I can't listen to it anymore... Look, I am imitating him! He has everything he needs at the tip of his fingers, but he is too lazy to get up and work this baton!
(Mhm - making fun of myself! Might work!) Bull and Lion seem to grin at me, too...

And then the Angel and the Bird! The angel looks REALLY worried - "Oh no, what if you don't make it - you will have to pay a fee for handing your taxes in too late... I am so worried about your finances..." - he is like the little angel on the shoulder, the voic of reason. And the bird, even with his halo, is the little devil on the other side of the shoulder. "If you don't want to do it now, you can always do it later... There's no hurry... There are so many things more interesting to do....". (Best strategy for me agains procrastination: remember it's a choice. You don't have to do it - just see the consequences if you decide not to and then make a decision. So if I decide not to do my taxes, consequenes will be that I lose money because I have to pay more. Is the money worth it? Not really.)

Thanks cards! I am off to do what I have to do. And will try to only check in here when it's done :)

moonbear

Love it le charior....you made me smile!

And all those little faces in your cards calling you to account. Do you know, I never ever looked at the faces on any of these guys before this thread. I just used to look at the whole card, at the action and what it stood for, not what was actually going on.

On my Bruno de Nys cards pretty well everyone is smiling, it's very offputting. Except for maybe Justice who just looks as if she wants to chop your head off.

Isn't it amazing how different decks give you different readings? I tried my three cards from the other day with my Italien deck and it just didn't work the same way as the Grimaud. Le Bateleur is facing a different way so he wasn't looking down at The Lovers etc etc.

Flaxen

I love that you got two of the same cards as the last time I interpreted. :D

Our valet of Bastons is still resolutely in the middle, eyeing up his next project wondering what to do with that Baton of his. He is staring rather seriously at the future - you can see the focus in his glance can't you? The 6 of batons as a cheerleader suggests that you need to be careful that you don't become too flexible. Your need for harmony and pleasing others might not be the best approach now. Instead, you need to focus (like the valet) on your own ambitions and where you want to get to (the world!). A single-minded and slightly selfish approach might be best.

le_charior

I love that you got two of the same cards as the last time I interpreted. :D
Yes, isn't that cool how Le Monde jumped from his back into his focus! Thanks for pointing it out!
Our valet of Bastons is still resolutely in the middle, eyeing up his next project wondering what to do with that Baton of his. He is staring rather seriously at the future - you can see the focus in his glance can't you? The 6 of batons as a cheerleader suggests that you need to be careful that you don't become too flexible. Your need for harmony and pleasing others might not be the best approach now. Instead, you need to focus (like the valet) on your own ambitions and where you want to get to (the world!). A single-minded and slightly selfish approach might be best.
Ooooooh you're good, Flaxen! Hats off! That is such a good interpretation of the 6 batons! "Your need for harmony and pleasing others might not be the best approach now." - That is so TOTALLY me. I will keep this very much in mind the next weeks, really valuable. Thanks!

Flaxen

Ooooooh you're good, Flaxen! Hats off! That is such a good interpretation of the 6 batons! "Your need for harmony and pleasing others might not be the best approach now." - That is so TOTALLY me. I will keep this very much in mind the next weeks, really valuable. Thanks!

:| Thank you.

I have just pulled cards for today asking 'How can I improve my relationship with 'L' my work colleague?' I used positional meanings:
Card 1: Is me
Card 2: is the interaction between us
Card 3: is my colleague

I got: Cavalier de Baton - 2 of deniers - Valet d'epee (using ISIS Marseille)

I used

My first impressions are that I love how both of them are looking at each other. It is also interesting that one is a cavalier and one is a valet.

I think myself as the cavalier reflects both the fact that I have more experience in the role and that I have therefore placed myself 'above' her. The cavalier is holding out the baton almost as an offering and perhaps as an element of challenge - 'Can you take this idea and run with it?' This cavalier is one who is innovative and like to try a fresh approach.

The valet d'epee looks slightly ill-at ease, like he is aware that the experience is not quite equal but boy is he ready to use his weapon.Once he has an idea he will pursue it relentlessly. I have only a stick - she has a sword to poke me with. :D The valet looks very uncomfortable and is avoiding eye contact.

In between the two is hope though in the form of the 2 of coins. This exemplifies cooperation and suggests that we can work amicably together. I love how the flower on the valet's side is raised towards the cavalier and the flower on the cavalier's side is pointing down to the valet. A lovely bit of symmetry. :)

Attachments

• TdM 3 card draws3.jpg
    TdM 3 card draws3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 112

le_charior

I have just pulled cards for today asking 'How can I improve my relationship with 'L' my work colleague?'

Thanks for posting these three!

Ok, without reading what you wrote about them, just looking at the scan. (Beautiful and very sweet, the ISIS, the pink thing the horse is wearing is hilarious!)
I used positional meanings:
Card 1: Is me -
Card 2: is the interaction between us
Card 3: is my colleague

I got: - 2 of deniers - Valet d'epee (using ISIS Marseille

First thing I notice - you look at each other. There seems to be communication, maybe it's conflict, but it's not as if someone had turned his or her back on the relationship. You are both willing to face the other and work on your issues.

I have the feeling that the Chevalier and the Valet are not so much depictions of yourself and your colleague, but how you see the other - and at the same time what you DON'T see.

So your colleague sees you as the Chevalier.
What she sees:
You are on a higher level, "on a high horse" even, looking down on her (I'll just assume it is a female colleague to avoid the "he or she" thing - if it's a man, please read it as "he"). You are superior in some respect, hierarchy, experience, you might have been there before she started the job. She feels a bit threatened by you?
What she doesn't see:
You are actually looking at her really nice and caring - and the stave you are holding, the Chevalier is not holding it like a weapon, he couldn't hit someone with it carrying it like this - it's more as if he's offering it to someone. Wands are about the job, about everyday issues, labor etc... So maybe you actually only wanted to assist her, finding her way in the new work environment, explaining her how things are done - and she misinterpreted that as you looking down on her (out of insecurity, more on this later).

What you see:
You see her as the Valet - getting his sword out, ready for a fight. You feel attacked by her. She doesn't have a wand, but a sword, so it's more about the intellectual part of your work that you feel her attacking you. I can't help but think that she is connected with the "new methods" at your job we were talking about in the exchange - at least for you.
What you don't see:
Even while getting his sword out, the Valet looks to the ground, very unsure of himself, a bit sad, nearly depressed. So your colleague is not one who likes to attack, but she feels obliged to do it since she misunderstood your intentions and feels attacked by you in any way. She tries to compensate her insecurity by acting very sure, even aggressive, but she would actually like to put that sword back in and bury the conflict.

Your relationship/what can you do:
The two coins are a hopeful card for your relationship. The band with the flowers at the end, you can both grab that band and when both of you continue rolling in your end, you'll meet in the middle. The Chevalier is already moving his hand in this direction, the Valet looks at the flower/band without reaching out for it yet - so you might have to do the first step. Coins are about communication... maybe you need some "alone time" to meet on the same level? Maybe outside the work environment? You could ask her to have lunch with you and just talk about how it was for you when you started working, or even something not work related. Show her that you have concerns, too, maybe ask for her advice on something to show her you appreciate her experience. I think you need to be careful not to appear arrogant or superior to her on any way - and then she will put that sword down and meet you on the same level. (Not saying that you ARE arrogant or someting, but you appear it to her).

So, overall - not the time to close down and get ready to fight, but open up, be communicative, make the first step down your horse and there is a fruitful, friendly collaboration to be gained.

Oh, I hope any of this makes sense! Will read your take now and see what you saw in these!

le_charior

oh, this time we're rather close! It was a really beautiful card combination for your question! I saw it (as usual) a tad more positive than you ;-) especially the sword part :)

le_charior

Love it le charior....you made me smile!

And all those little faces in your cards calling you to account. Do you know, I never ever looked at the faces on any of these guys before this thread. I just used to look at the whole card, at the action and what it stood for, not what was actually going on.

On my Bruno de Nys cards pretty well everyone is smiling, it's very offputting. Except for maybe Justice who just looks as if she wants to chop your head off.

Isn't it amazing how different decks give you different readings? I tried my three cards from the other day with my Italien deck and it just didn't work the same way as the Grimaud. Le Bateleur is facing a different way so he wasn't looking down at The Lovers etc etc.

Glad you liked it! And yes, it is really fun how different decks seem to tell you different stories (or at least different versions of the same story). These decks have a character of their own - and I love how at the same time they are all referring to one (imaginary) "ur"-image or symbol. Again, the balance comes in for me - individuality of the deck and reference to a symbol/image that is consistent for all decks (more or less, depending on the card of course, there are some with big differences in depiction of course).

Did you see that the Bruno de Nys has fans? From a different thread:

which TdM do you favor and why?

This is a hard one to answer...Can I have four favourites???? lol... I like Fournier...nice colours..original feeling retained.., Grimaud...classic, but with mistakes repaired..., for redrawn versions I like Oswald Wirth (78 U.S. Games version)...beautiful gold/bronze illumination and Le Grand Universel (By Bruno Nys)...Marseille on LSD..dreamy but deep.

Oddly enough I only like Conver TDM packs that retain various characters with blue hair lol.. no blue hair just kills the deck for me...kills the dreamy mojo of Marseille.

Marseille on LSD.. dreamy but deep.. I so totally need to have a closer look at one of these. Are they easily available in France? I could ask a friend to get me one... or if I go to Paris next time...

le_charior

Tomorrow I am going to Berlin for a week. Will post 3 cards about how that trip is going to go later tonight - UNLESS someone want to do a quick exchange - do three cards for me for my trip to Berlin here - and I will do three cards for whatever you want to know! Anyone game?

Lumen

Hi Le_Charior,

Great to see you diving into Tarot - your development as reader is going fast and smooth.

In any case, I've been doing 3-card daily readings for two years now, and today I got something worth posting:

As d'epée As de baton As de deniers

Followed by Le Bateleur

All 1s

I believe this points to a situation between me and my ex: fights over money, and some trickery to get this money.

Thanks for reading.