De Gebelin and Comte de M***

kwaw

kwaw said:
We may also note here the expression Entre chien et loup, between dog and wolf, meaning a la tombée du jour that is the fall of the day or twilight, the time between day and night when it is to dark to distinguish a dog from a wolf, a friend from foe:

"The dog symbolizing the day because like him, he can guide us, while the wolf is a symbol of the night, posing a threat, but also of nightmares and fear. It appeared in French in the thirteenth century, but the term existed in ancient times. We can read in a text of the second century, "when man can not distinguish the wolf from the dog."

http://www.linternaute.com/expression/langue-francaise/46/entre-chien-et-loup/

Between judgement, which begins with the fall at the house of God and ends with the resurrection, is Time: signified by the markers of Time, the celestial lights of the Stars, Moon and Sun: with the Moon at the center of Time. The Moon, unlike the Stars (night) and Sun (day) can be seen both during the day and the night at different times in it cycle. "Between the dog and the wolf" refers to the twilight time of day between night and day. This bifurcation of Time in historical terms is the central point from which what went before and what comes after is measured, the between before and after the live of Christ of the Christian calendar, between the before and after of Mohammed in the Islam, the before and after the earthquake between Pharos and Pharillon in the Alexandrian books of Forster; the ever present now between the yesterdays and tomorrow of our personal being in time. In the tarot we have the center of Time between the darkness of the fall of the past to wards the brightness of salvation in the world to come between which we exist in the twilight between the human and divine, trying to distinguish between the dog and the wolf, the good and the bad, God and the Devil.

kwaw
*Pharillon is the place where Pharos, the first lighthouse and one of the 7 wonders of the ancient world, previously stood. Forster in his book on Alexandria makes the moment of the destruction of Pharos by an earthquake the BC/AD of his studies: before and after the earthquake becomes the marking point for the bifurcation of time in the history of Alexandria.

firemaiden

Kwaw that is a very astute comment - about entre chien et loup -- I think that is a fabulous comment, really really enlightening for the moon card. How did I never see that comment before ?

kwaw

firemaiden said:
How did I never see that comment before ?

Perhaps you were just offline for those days in January of '08 :)

I sometimes find I have missed things, especially if I have been offline for a little while and the 'new posts' button brings up like 20+ pages to scroll through!