The Faeries' Oracle (Froud)

Chana

Hi!

Hello all I am new here and really didn't know where to put this post, I have been reading the boards here for about two weeks and this seems like a wonderful group...... I just got my Faery Oracle today and I love it may I be a part of this Study Group?

Chana

faunabay

Oh of course Chana. We always like to talk to other fae folk. LOL
Please feel free to join in with the other threads. Let us know what your favorite, least favorite, and universal cards were. (If you'd like to)
We all love to talk about our faerys!!! :)

Spasticgirlie

I did myself a nice little reading today on what my lesson is for today right? Well I pull the men of oaks....i think that is what it was called. This is the first time I have ever pulled it up in a reading and of course it was reversed. I never knew there was another face on that card!!! It took me a few seconds to see it after the book said it but I thought it was exciting. So then of course that is a card where you have to just go with what you think it is saying. And I thought that the face looked content. And recently Ive been feeling all icky about myself (you know like a teenager does at times) and I was like oh I need to be content with myself. I get it. Ugh I still wish I could hear the faeries talk to me or even see some someday though.

Spasticgirlie

I just have to share this. I went to the book store (two actually, the first one was a disappointment) and I got good faerys bad faerys. The pictures are all soooo beautiful. Many are of the actual cards, but they were.......there is no word. And seeing my favorite card enlarged made it look even more beautiful. I never really noticed that the faery on my fav card wore a necklace! But they are beautiful.....

Jewel

I have Good Faeries/Bad Faeries as well and I love it. Like you I loved seeing some of my favorite cards in full size. It also was a real complement to the book and deck. Too bad they did not put all of those faeries in the deck ... anyone who trully loves this deck should get that book.

Sorceress_Jade

on order

Welp, I have this deck on order, so I will join you all when it arrives.

Question on what an Oracle deck is really. ok.. WHAT is it, lol.

I mean, Tarot is fairly specific in it's number of cards, and standardized meaning of them. But there are Tarot decks that deviate from this, and there are those that are only Major Arcana, etc. So, why is this called an Oracle and not Tarot. Is it really all that different? Where is that line drawn?

-Jade-

Jewel

Hi SJ, this deck is very different from a Tarot deck. There is no structure like Major, Minor Arcana for example. There are different types of faeries, but at the same time they are of equal value/importance. Personally I have always been a Tarot person and not an Oracle person, but this deck is really special. It will tell you exactly what it is :)

Spasticgirlie

I felt that I should share this. The cards in my oracle have started to jump up out of the deck at me. Actually today my friend was asking a question and shuffling and I was going to do the reading, and she was just starting to shuffle but three cards jumped out. And I was like I think that is her reading to the other people who were around. And she wanted to pick them back up and I was like no they are your reading. I turned them over and they were in an order but the thing that made me sure that it was her reading was because of the singer of courage. I happened to know her question before she asked it cuz she had told me something about it earlier. So I read it and it was a little confusing because yeah......... Also O that gnome has jumped after I finished a reading cuz he wanted to be a part of it. Well I am still working with those book readings and he fit in perfectly! I was like eeek. And then I was laying down and i had the cards on my stomach and they kinda fell off and only one turned over. That was honesty and that was the first time I have ever encountered him.

Actually in the past few days I am encountering many different cards finally showing up in readings. The dark lady my least fav card showed up twice yesterday. The singers have started to join me. My faery guide showed up for the first time yesterday after I met the faery on the journey I went on. I was afraid last night it would show up because I didnt know how to read it but there it was and I figured it out. Fun Fun. And I got my fav card for the first time today too. Oh and honesty is now popping up in a lot of my readings. I didnt bother to read his thing when he showed up last night.......my bad. And there was one faery that kept showing up in my friends readings it had jumped at him and he payed no attention to it and that faery kept coming back. My cards are just starting to jump left and right! Im beginning to think that the faerys really really like me.

Jimilyn

Yep!

Isn't it great when a deck works with you like that. This deck does that for me, too. It just literally takes over and does it for you. :) I've really been enjoying this deck, and am looking forward to the end of the school year (I hadn't taught 1st grade in 13 years, and it's like a whole new world...I felt like a first year teacher. That was quite distressing considering how long I've been teaching.). I've spent more time on school stuff than I like to this year, so I'm definitely relishing the opportunity to get full swing back into the parts of life I've had to slow down on or put on hold. But even with the few times I've worked with this oracle, it just sings. :) It's been so easy to work with...and beautiful to boot! And you are right, the faeries know what they want to say and pretty much have their way. I *love* it!!!! :)

Catcha later!
Jimilyn

Sorceress_Jade

YAHOO

They HAVE arrived. Still looking them over, haven't even cracked the book. But I can finally look at all of the stuff ya'll are talking about. :)