Her ticket to satanic rites,
her magic monthly sabbath flight!
Would you lose your soul for this?
Risk damnation in hell's abyss?
Palsy your lips in an obscene Kiss?
No! No! No!
Reject the sirens call to bed
Come spend your time in mine instead;)

HOLY MOLY, KWAW! I've been following this thread with increasing confusion but what a great poem!

Abrac

Aeon418 said:
The great failure of conventional western religion is that the devotees of one sect always think that they worship the one true God, and everyone else's god is merely the devil or Satan.
Your point is well-taken Aeon418, but for whatever it is worth, the West is not the only group who believes it has a monopoly on God. This seems to be a phenomenon found all over the world and in all cultures. Whatever is sanctioned by the "tribe" is good, all else is evil.

Lillie

Kwaw, the thing with The Wake World is probably just me.

Every time I read it, I seem to 'hear' it in my mind with an added lisp.

And it bugs me, because apart from that it's good.

I always want to slap it for being twee, and tell it to talk proper.

Like I say, probably just my problem.

Myrrha

Lillie said:

I agree although it doesn't bother me that much. I also find it condescending, but I'll take that from AC.

--Myrrha

sweet_intuition

Taken from The Chicken Qabala of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford by Lon Milo DuQuette

Chapter 10 said:
Another famous paradox of Gematria demonstrates that the Hebrew word for Messiah (MShYCh) and the word used to describe the serpent (NChSh) that tempted Eve in the Garden of Eden both add to 358. Could this mean that the seprent might be the savior of the world, and the Messiah might lead us to damnation?

Christians certainly think "Jesus" (IHShVH=326) is the Lord (32), and those two words together = 358 = Messiah. I bet they'd be surprised, however, to learn that everytime they dutifully end their prayers in the "name" (340) "Jesus" (326), they are Qabalistically invoking 666, the number of the Beast of the Book of the Revelation, and for many, one of the scariest anti-christian characters in the Bible. Could it be we don't understand the meaning of wither of these concepts and the number 358 be out only clue?

Food for thought don't you think?

;)

kwaw

Debra said:
HOLY MOLY, KWAW! I've been following this thread with increasing confusion but what a great poem!

Aw, shucks, now you've made me all embarrased:)

I don't write poems anymore, but this is one from a boxful from my youth which coming across I still kinda liked. To be honest reading them I don't recognise myself. Some of them I find clever, and think, 'did i write that?', some of them are embarrassing and I think 'did I write that?'. Many of them are so obscure I simply do not remember the references. The original end verse to this one was:

Reject the sirens call to bed
Her promised gold is gilded lead,
The heat once quenched will cool
And leave you empty like a fool.

Why at 15 I wrote such cynical stuff I simply can't remember or recognise, but in testerone driven adolescence every moment and any incident is the seed of a [comic] tragedy or drama:)

Kwaw

kwaw

Lillie said:

Don't think it is just you, I wasn't able to read it through for years, it grated; then I was, I found at a particular moment in place and time it connected [but never thought it particularly 'good'], go figure. There are windows in time which allow you to see at that place what was invisible before - that is why the idea of secrecy is nonsence, such are not in the telling, but the hearing. You don't need to join a secret society or pay for the priviledge, everythings out there; there is a natural selection process, everything is there for you to percieve, at the point you are ready to percieve it. An 'initiate' can go out and shout out their 'secrets', the response will be as silent as their proclaimations are loud.

Kwaw

Rosanne

kwaw said:
There are windows in time which allow you to see at that place what was invisible before - that is why the idea of secrecy is nonsence, such are not in the telling, but the hearing. You don't need to join a secret society or pay for the priviledge, everythings out there; there is a natural selection process, everything is there for you to percieve, at the point you are ready to percieve it. An 'initiate' can go out and shout out their 'secrets', the response will be as silent as their proclaimations are loud.

Kwaw
You know Kwaw, that is about the sanest thing I have heard. Those windows have opened as if by magic at different times. As far as books go, I used to read some because of youth snobbery, expectations of peers, and so called Masters of whatever. Pretending the window is open is just a waste of time; but also a thing I did not realise when I was young- that you can also shut a window that was open by being screamed at by 'initiates' and 'Masters' ~Rosanne

Myrrha

kwaw said:
"I have been taxed with assaulting what is commonly known as virtue. True; I hate it, but only in the same degree as I hate what is commonly known as vice...

"...Kwaw felt tired, after refreshing himself with sake and soda he continued:"The men who are willing by this means to become the saviours of their country shall be called the Synagogue of Satan, so as to keep themselves from the friendship of the fools who mistake names for things. There shall be masters of the Synagogue, but they will never seek to dominate. They shall most caefully abstain from inducing any man to seek the Tao by any other way than that of equilibrium. They shall develop individual genius without considering in their opinion its fruition will tend to the good or evil of their country or of the world; for who are they to interfere with a soul whose balance has been crowned by the most holy Tao?

Thien Tao; or, The Synagogue of Satan by Aleister Crowley

This is interesting. I had wondered why Crowley took some of his shock tactics as far as he did. I thought maybe part of it was his not realizing the extent to which people in the later 20th c. would be conditioned to respond to brand names and brand images rather than content. But I guess that was wrong and he had his own reasons.

--Myrrha

Rosanne

oiye this is a good move!(now in Thoth)

...and the Ghost of Crowley Past was pleased that they had done what they wilt and put his 'oly name back with his mentored deck; the people bowed and clapped, grabbed their cats, winking smilies, amulets of Anuket, assorted cuttings from tabloids, prejudices and freedoms and settled down in the right place for further enlightenment when their windows are open.........