Bohemian Gothic second edition

baba-prague

We are now working on card changes before sending the deck off to the printed. If you'd like to follow along then I'll be putting the new cards, as they are ready, on to our Baba Studio Facebook page.

I'll also post some here for those who don't like Facebook (though the page is public and you don't have to join to see the pictures).

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Baba-Studio/53690237671

We plan to change about fifty cards in all. Which is probably crazy but well, we both just pulled out all the cards we wanted to change in the deck and that's what it came to.

Lots of ATers will see changes they have suggested as we really have taken comments on and thought a lot about them. In general though, the biggest change is that this time around the deck will be more colourful and lighter in tone (if not in atmosphere). We're just in more of a colour mood - perhaps because the Alice deck is very vivid in colour. I have no doubt that some people will prefer this to the very dark and moody original printing - and some won't })

Attachments

• BG_DevilK.jpg
    BG_DevilK.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 476
  • BG_DevilK-crop.jpg
    BG_DevilK-crop.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 415

gregory

It isn't the MOOD - but I would (will ? ;)) appreciate being able to see the images in detail without having to consult the book. ;) I like the darkness as a concept but not as a practicality !

baba-prague

Well, generally there will be more colour and more detail to see in this version. Which will be a considerable change so it's going to be interesting to see how it comes out.

Libra8ca

I can't wait to get the second edition of this deck }) :D
Initially I found the first edition to be very dark and like gregory said a little hard to see all the details but I've actually gotten used to it and love it now! I actually find small cards more irritating when you need a magnifying glass to see but I love the size of the MRP decks; I hope the size will stay the same.

baba-prague

Libra8ca said:
I can't wait to get the second edition of this deck }) :D
Initially I found the first edition to be very dark and like gregory said a little hard to see all the details but I've actually gotten used to it and love it now! I actually find small cards more irritating when you need a magnifying glass to see but I love the size of the MRP decks; I hope the size will stay the same.

Yes, it's going to be exactly the same size. We rather like the size and shape that we normally do, so we're sticking to that, even though we are going to a new printer this time.

zan_chan

Huh. I always liked the Silver edition best because the standard was too bright and colorful. Guess you can't please everyone }) :)

EDT: hehe sorry that came out sounding like more of a downer than i meant it to. I'm sure it will be just as beautiful as all of your work :)

baba-prague

zan_chan said:
Huh. I always liked the Silver edition best because the standard was too bright and colorful. Guess you can't please everyone }) :)

Hee! I knew there would be people on both sides. Well, I don't think the second edition will suit you at all because it will definitely have a broader colour range. I agree though that one of the special things about the Silver is the way it came out looking almost like old photographic silverprint negatives - very much blue/grey/black/silver with only the odd touch of red. But as we could never repeat that even if we tried, it's nice to try going in the other direction this time round.

gregory

I like the Silver. I like the regular. I shall like the new one.... (I am a deck slut. I forget who here said this, but....)

But I do like to be able to see what's on the cards on the cards :D

baba-prague

gregory said:
I like the Silver. I like the regular. I shall like the new one.... (I am a deck slut. I forget who here said this, but....)
But I do like to be able to see what's on the cards on the cards :D

But it's Gothic innit? Things hidden in the shadows and all that. You know, mists and fogs and concealed secrets.

Well, the secrets are just a little less concealed this time - and there are a few more of them.

gregory

baba-prague said:
But it's Gothic innit? Things hidden in the shadows and all that. You know, mists and fogs and concealed secrets.
Yeah but like, if you gonna see the nasty thing in the woodshed when you reading, it helps if you can see it, innit, or you might fail to mention it, like. :D

You are as bad as me, innit !