Bohemian Gothic second edition prt. 2

rwcarter

Moderator Note

More posts about bags have been removed from this thread. This is the Tarot Decks forum, so all posts should be about the deck.

Bat Chicken

So the pewter is sold out now?

Altena

baba-prague said:
If the order has been made, then the discount applies of course - you got in just in time! :)

Great, thank you for clarifying :)

Bat Chicken said:

The way I understood it is that there are about two dozen pewter decks left. These have been removed from the Baba store for now and will be put back up once the already pre-ordered decks have been shipped out. So unless I've misunderstood/missed out on new information there should be some pewter decks left that will be available at a later point(although at a higher price than those pre-ordered).

baba-prague

Bat Chicken said:

Yes, it's gone. However, as usual we have kept some decks by in case of anything being lost in the post, damaged or simply in case of us mis-counting (we take orders from some non-English speaking countries by email and it's hard to tally those up accurately). So I would hope that in September/October, when we can really see what we have left, we can release some decks, My hunch is 20-30 though it's a bit of an unknown as yet. However, I very much doubt they will be at the old price.

Oh, thanks Altena. I just realised you said the same!

Sinduction

baba-prague said:
Ah, well the big discount on those has just finished as it was for those who wanted them added to their existing pewter deck orders (in fact, they wouldn't have been added, but sent on - but basically it was an extra discount for those who had ordered the special deck). As many of the pre-orders have now been shipped (I think we will be more than halfway through now) this offer is no longer available.

Why was there no email notification for this? I was planning on getting a non-pewter but thought we had to wait to buy it elsewhere.

No offense, but I've missed out on all the specials that were supposed to be available with the pewter edition. I understand that you are a small business and very busy and it's complicated I'm sure, but I'm disappointed nonetheless.

Golden Moon

Sinduction said:
Why was there no email notification for this? I was planning on getting a non-pewter but thought we had to wait to buy it elsewhere.

No offense, but I've missed out on all the specials that were supposed to be available with the pewter edition. I understand that you are a small business and very busy and it's complicated I'm sure, but I'm disappointed nonetheless.

Hey Sinduction. A lot of people missed out on the specials just as you have. Some never got an e-mail confirmation due to so many emails that their system sends out it clogs itself out and some people get the notification through their junk mail. But rest a sure that you can still buy your non-pewter edition from online retail stores. Somewhere around late fall October or November.

MoonGypsy

Amazon [for one] has already opened Pre-ordering for the non Pewter edition, with shipping date set for mid September.:heart: i will PM you the link...

Hugs,
Amberxxx

Altena

It's still possible to order the non-pewter deck from the Baba store. The only difference is that there is no discount and you'll have to pay for the shipping. The discounted deck cost €15.50 and the current price is €19, so it's still €2 off from the list price.

I agree that things could have been handled differently and that information should have been more clear and available, but what's done is done and we've probably all learned something from this. That said, I really understand the disappointment. I was in the same place myself a few days ago when I realized that all the limited edition bags were gone. These things happen and next time it might be one of us who walks out with a grin while others miss out.

minrice

Ok so I did read the thread and just to clarify because my brain is fuzz at the moment...

I pre-ordered July 1st and paypal took out the payment (which I get) however I won't receive a confirmation or anything until the deck gets shipped? No confirmation in the spam account, I looked. Which is fine, I'm just wondering!

I did create an account with the baba shop but I didn't see my order there and I didn't have the account when I pre ordered the deck....

baba-prague

minrice said:
Ok so I did read the thread and just to clarify because my brain is fuzz at the moment...

I pre-ordered July 1st and paypal took out the payment (which I get) however I won't receive a confirmation or anything until the deck gets shipped? No confirmation in the spam account, I looked. Which is fine, I'm just wondering!

I did create an account with the baba shop but I didn't see my order there and I didn't have the account when I pre ordered the deck....

Notification emails are sent out automatically by the shop. If some didn't get through this time we unfortunately can't tell that as we don't get bounces. My hunch is that so many were set up that some servers blocked them (ie they won't even turn up in the spam folder). I will mention this to the company that produces CS-Cart (the cart we use) but I doubt they will be able to do much to avoid this - it's just that most servers don't like to see mass emailings and tend to interpret them as spam. We are moving to a new host soon, so I will also get their advice on this, as the same thing could happen when we launch "Alice" if a lot of people order at once.

It is best to set up an account before ordering please - otherwise you miss out on having a record of your orders (which the shop keeps for account holders - and which you can check at any time), and also on nice things like reward points, simply because the shop software can't recognise you without an account.