De-Enabling Thread

rwcarter

Solandia likes us to keep threads below 1000 posts and the old de-enabling thread has gotten bigger than that so here's a nice new one.

The old thread can be found here: http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=142922

This thread is meant as a FUN THREAD.... Critical comments may be made here, but those comments shouldn't be taken as criticism. If you want to refute something stated in this thread, please do so in a thread specific to the particular deck. The intent of this thread is not to hurt anyone's feelings, so any hurtful or personally-directed comments will be removed without notice.

Please limit your de-enabling request(s) to a short list of decks. De-enabling requests that are directed at a company are not allowed in this thread.

Please put the title of the deck you're de-enabling in the title bar at the top of your post. It makes it much easier to see which deck is being discussed if you do that :).

As before, please stick to de-enabling.

This is NOT the place to discuss decks you love.

Posts in this thread that are NOT de-enabling will be removed.

Thanks

Sulis and rwcarter - Tarot Decks co-moderators.

gregory

Hexen 2.0.

Nothing since it was opened. Scary.

OK - I have a deck on preorder: the Hexen 2.0.

It should have been here by now - but strangely, it has been delayed, and I had email from amazon to that effect.

Tell me - is this a terrible omen ? Am I Very Afraid ? Should I cancel while there is time ?

I do realise that NO-ONE here has a copy (unless of course you are a MEMBER of that SOCIETY...) - but maybe someone can lead me to the light ?

Anyone ?

Alta

:laugh: Well, gregory, how could YOU not like a deck whose home page deathbekind in it?

Too many words for me. Cards covered with tiny little words, it would drive me crazy reading.

gregory

:laugh: Well, gregory, how could YOU not like a deck whose home page deathbekind in it?

Damn... that's NOT helpful.... And my head is FULL of words - ask MiShell, who tries to get them out. I like words. No prob there.

Try harder :D

Debra

Mary-El

I don't know if I want to be de-enabled. I actually don't know what to do.

I've had this on my wish list forever.

I have put this deck into my Amazon cart four times and taken it out each time. This has never happened to me before.

I think the images are beautiful and deep. Also scary.

I wonder about the production. A ten-year project and...well.

I've seen internet posts that make me feel the artist is both brilliant and disappointing. This probably wouldn't matter to most people but when I get a squeamish feeling about a person I feel squeamish about having their work in my house.

Talk to me, Janey and Johnny.

gregory

Mary-El

I worry about this one too.

The Gaian majors were lovely (though they are beginning to date rather).

But when the whole deck came out - well it was a bit like those wonderfully successful movies where they make a sequel and it just - doesn't work. Some things only work the first time. This was another of those.

I know what you mean about feeling squeamish. We have some pictures by a Famous Artist that Sir bought. One of them I cannot have in any room I use regularly - he has to have it in his study. UGH. Oh dear.

Anyway - I just bought Mary-El, as I had a coupon I needed to use ;) I'll let you know if it gets me that way...

But I bet the box is great. Schiffer FINALLY seem to have got that right, But the cards will be RIGID and SHINY, I bet... :(

This is all very EARNEST. Where is Mags ?

Sulis

Hexen 2.0

I don't have it so this is just going from the scans of the cards: http://ensemble.va.com.au/Treister/HEXEN2/TAROT_COL/HEXEN_2_TAROT.html

They look lovely.. I love the style of them but words all over tarot cards????? When I read tarot I want simple images that go 'pop' in my brain and make me come up with something useful to do with the question I'm asking.. I don't want to have to sit and read a card (I mean read words). If I want to read words I read a book or this forum :).

Having said that though you should be aware that I very rarely buy decks these days and the decks I do buy are bought for me to read with.. I couldn't read with this.

Sulis

Mary El

Beautiful artwork but could you read with it without a huge learning experience? I know I couldn't.
I'm considering buying it so that I can put some cards in a frame and hang them on the wall but I'd only buy it for that.

Alta

Mary-El

I have the Majors which I bought some time ago. I love some of the cards, but now that the Minors are out, the percentage of cards that make me go "eewww!" has increased a lot. I can't buy the deck, I couldn't use it. Plus the art seems very uneven to me.

Le Fanu

I don't know if I want to be de-enabled. I actually don't know what to do.

I've had this on my wish list forever.

I have put this deck into my Amazon cart four times and taken it out each time. This has never happened to me before.

I think the images are beautiful and deep. Also scary.

I wonder about the production. A ten-year project and...well.

I've seen internet posts that make me feel the artist is both brilliant and disappointing. This probably wouldn't matter to most people but when I get a squeamish feeling about a person I feel squeamish about having their work in my house.

Talk to me, Janey and Johnny.
Just wait for all the gushers to finish proclaiming unconditional love; "I don't mind really if the cardstock is glossy." From afar it all seems so perfect.

Within two months our belovedly fickle AT-ers will have yearned, bought, received and discarded. (there was one in trading the other day already. You're obviously too slow). Soon, all too soon we will have heard the usual "I didn't like the borders/ size / glossiness" jeremaiads (now there's a good word). You know how it is.

Always happens. You'll be able to swap one for a spreadcloth or fake hematite pendulum soon. (Is that not classed as de-enabling?)

Oh and the Hexen 2.0 Now I know the temptation to buy one is very great as one of my distinguished ancestors figures prominently on one card (I've said this before and nobody seemed in the slightest bit curious :( :D ) .

However, remember; tarot isn't about text, it's about *gesticulates grandly* image...